UKC

Sport pursuit crampon sale !!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lennyb182 08 Mar 2014
Good morning guys and gals,

Looking for a bit of advice on crampons this morning!

Sport pursuit are doing a sale on so called spikey items, now as these will be my first pair, I was wondering if any of the brands, and prices are any good ??
I will be using them mainly for hiking when coming into contact with iced and snowy summits, but would also like a pair that would be good for when I eventually get into Ice climbing. This is the cheapest I've come across crampons so would just like a heads up on if they are worth it.

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/singing-rock-mar14

I will be posting this in another forum aswell.

Thanks, Lenny.
 Big Steve 08 Mar 2014
In reply to Lennyb182:

Ive never used these crampons, but Singing Rock are a well established brand, Czech I think. They're just not as well known in Britain.
 Mike-W-99 08 Mar 2014
In reply to Lennyb182:
I've a pair of the mono points which are well made but maybe a bit heavy. Seemed fine when I used them.

The prices of the walking crampons are good but take note they have a heel clip so you'd need appropriate boots and they wont fit any old boot.
Post edited at 09:48
 peebles boy 08 Mar 2014
In reply to Lennyb182:

I'll second Mike there, I got a pair of the dual point Phantoms last winter and they've been fine so far, though for the added price of the anti-balling plates I would definitely go for them if buying again - the cookie cutter design of the technical crampons is a pain in the arse to make homemade anti balling plates for!!

Outrageously cheap harnesses too, just a pity they all seem to be XL or XXL in size!!!!
Lennyb182 08 Mar 2014
In reply to peebles boy:

Thanks for the input people, I think I'll have a good look into it first before purchasing any, especially off the Internet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...