UKC

Peculiar indicator problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Green Porridge 14 Mar 2014
Right, so after my the good advice I received regarding the indicator on my wife's car, mine is now playing up.

It functions completely as normal... except that for about 30 seconds after I've used it, it gives out the odd couple of clicks, at randomly spaced intervals. The green dashboard light(s) don't light with these clicks, and I'm almost certain that the actual indicators themselves on the car aren't lighting up either. The indicator switch functions seemingly completely as normal. No bulbs are blown - I've had the hazards on and looked round, but also the individual left and right sides function as normal. So what's wrong? I was so impressed last time, I thought I'd ask on here again!

It's a Golf IV, if that's of any significance.

Thanks!
 Andrew Holden 14 Mar 2014
In reply to Green Porridge:

It will be the hazard switch. Common fault
In reply to Oldinio:

Hazard switch in what respect? Replace it and good, or what?
 mc2006 14 Mar 2014
It will be the indicator relay which will be inside the hazard light switch.

A new one will cure it.
Post edited at 18:30
MaxWilliam 14 Mar 2014

I've had a similar problem on my Golf. It is, as suggested above, the hazard switch (which contains the flasher relay), cheap to replace, easy to fit yourself. It is a push-fit, with metal tangs either side, and plugged connector at the back.

BTW - the front of the switch snaps off, to give you better access to depress the metal tangs to each side.
Post edited at 21:44
 Fat Bumbly2 15 Mar 2014
I have a problem with my Audi. Whenever I accidently nudge a stalk by my steering wheel, a light starts flashing. What is wrong?

mc2006 15 Mar 2014
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

What light starts flashing? Indicator light?
Jim C 15 Mar 2014
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:
What symbols are on the stalk?

What does the handbook say ?

What model of Audi?

We need data
Jim C 15 Mar 2014

Should be a little square block.

In the day, we used to call them Trafficators, I just loved them as a kid, I would want my father and grandad to turn lots of corners, un up the would pop and flash away.

http://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...