UKC

Need a climber that's better than me (not difficult)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KaRun 15 Mar 2014
Hi - first post on here so please be kind! I got in to climbing outdoors last year but just seconding and with a male climber who was climbing E1's where my hardest climb is a VS seconding. I'd like to find a climbing partner (male or female) who is again better than me to be able to teach me a few more things and I want to learn how to lead but I'm not sure what's in it for them if I'm not as good?! Advice please because indoor climbing is driving me nuts and current climbing partner has never been outdoors. Thanks in advance!
 mwr72 15 Mar 2014
In reply to KariLou:

Hello. You would be as well filling out your profile for a better chance of finding a climbing partner. Location would be good to start with. Are you in Scotland, North Wales, South coast, Yorkshire etc.
OP KaRun 15 Mar 2014
In reply to gd303uk: Thanks have filled in a few things, hopefully can find someone to climb with now

gd303uk 15 Mar 2014
In reply to KariLou:

Oops deleted my post,,
You will find a good few people are looking for partners to climb with and a few climbers looking to get experience ( for qualifications and cert's ) ,
Good luck ,
In reply to KariLou:
Suggest you try posting on the Lifts and Partners forum as many folk restrict which ones they view. Hopefully you get a good response on there. Putting your general location in the title may help.
OP KaRun 15 Mar 2014
In reply to Fletcherella: ah Thank you! Crash course in this site this morning I think!

Jon Stewart 15 Mar 2014
In reply to Fletcherella:

You might find it easiest to get responses if you post in Lifts and Partners with a specific plan, e.g. Climbing on Gower, Sunday 16th March, up to VS. Then people think "yeah that's what I'll do this Sunday" rather than "oh yes, I'll give that lass a message sometime" and then forget.
OP KaRun 15 Mar 2014
In reply to Jon Stewart: ah much better idea! Thank you - really helpful

matt.woodfield 18 Mar 2014

You can always go for the fast track route and do a course:
http://www.outdoor-matters.co.uk/learn2lead.php
 deepsoup 18 Mar 2014
> I'm not sure what's in it for them if I'm not as good?!

A belay buddy and good company. It also helps if you bring cake.
OP KaRun 18 Mar 2014
In reply to deepsoup:

Haha that's my new ad right there:

Looking for a climbing partner willing to share my cake... winner!
 d_b 18 Mar 2014

Joining a club is a good way of finding such people. Judging by the location on your profile the SWMC might be a good bet.

http://www.southwalesmountaineering.org.uk/
OP KaRun 18 Mar 2014
In reply to matt.woodfield:

Cheers matt this looks great and I love climbing in the gower
OP KaRun 18 Mar 2014
In reply to davidbeynon:

Thank you! A club sounds like a great idea - what a friendly bunch you all are!
 Frank Blakeley 22 Mar 2014

Hi if you're ever heading up to North Wales please feel free to drop me a txt for some outdoor climbing

Frank
OP KaRun 22 Mar 2014
In reply to Frank Blakeley:

Hey thanks was just planning my weekends thinking I'd love another North Wales trip so will definitely take your number - get some dates in the diary soon - pulling plastic is making me pull my hair out!
 VPJB 22 Mar 2014
South Wales Mountaineering Club meet every Wednesday at Boulders and Dynamic Rock.
 mattrm 22 Mar 2014
Hey, South Wales Mountaineering Club (of which I'm on the committee), has two 'new members' meets coming up. These are a great place to get some climbing done and meet new climbing buddies. It's cheap to join and you get lots of benefits, inc discounts at local shops.

Box Bay - 29th March

http://www.southwalesmountaineering.org.uk/en/node/128

Three Cliffs Bay - 12th April

http://www.southwalesmountaineering.org.uk/en/node/129

Or drop me an email for details - comms@southwalesmountaineering.org.uk
Post edited at 20:26
OP KaRun 22 Mar 2014
In reply to mattrm:

Argh! This sounds perfect! Thank you so much!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...