UKC

VIDEO: Hazel Findlay and Jack Geldard - Alpine First Ascent - Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 15 Mar 2014
[Hazel Findlay and Jack Geldard - Alpine First Ascent - Chamonix]
A couple of summers ago, Hazel Findlay and Jack Geldard climbed a new route up the beautiful granite spire of the Aiguille de Saussure on the Mont Blanc du Tacul, Chamonix, France.

This small spire had ample room for new routes, as the difficult access meant that main front face of the 3839m summit had never been climbed (to their knowledge).

The Findlay Geldard Route (ED, UK E5 Rock, Scottish VI)

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=2052

TobyA 15 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC Videos:

Has Hazel got wrist loops on her ice tools? Hurrah! I'm not the only one. I love you Hazel!
In reply to TobyA:

Looks like a fun outing! Jack - have you done Super Dupont on the Midi? I've seen wildly varying french grades for the crux (F6c+ to F7b) WHat would you give it? With this warm weather I'm keen to get climbing fit again!
 StephenS 15 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC Videos:

Looks great
 sbc_10 15 Mar 2014
In reply to Littleslip:

This is a great little video. Really enjoyed it but...
try as I may to erase the image, Hazel Findlay reminds me of a young Mrs Merton.
 Jack Geldard 15 Mar 2014
In reply to Fultonius:

Hi Fultonius,

I have done Superdupont, but quite a while ago now, maybe 2004. I don't remember it being too bad, a tricky move to get in to a crack on the crux, which is pretty steady afterwards as I remember, but don't quote me on that!

Maybe 6c+/7a?

Hope you get a chance to do it. Such good routes on that wall. Saw someone climbing on there just the other day, I thought 'wow, they're keen!'.

J
 jon 15 Mar 2014
In reply to Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor:
We were climbing there yesterday and Dave/Emily were on it maybe 4 days ago. Still a bit snowey but very warm in the sun!

And also - it looks as if Monsieur de Mesmaeker has been recently rebolted. Might have to do that one too!
Post edited at 12:04
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 15 Mar 2014
In reply to jon:

> I climbed SD in 1991.....

Blimey Jon! Where did that 23 years go...?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...