UKC

Climbing windproof

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CMcBain 16 Mar 2014
I currently have a windproof of some description by montane, I really like it for running and also use it while climbing. However I often find it untucks itself from my harness when I reach up. Does anyone have suggestions for a decent windproof that doesn't do this? Preferably available in bright colours, helmet compatible hood would be ideal, small pocket and cuffs that are easy to roll up?
 Skol 16 Mar 2014
In reply to CMcBain:
Paramo Fuera .
 Jordan_Hollins 16 Mar 2014
In reply to CMcBain:

Paramo Fuera for sure! Never had any problems and the pit zips come in handy.
OP CMcBain 22 Mar 2014
In reply to all:

Cheers for the recommendation, hadn't thought of paramo. How do you both find the fit, I'm usually put off paramo as I'm fairly slim and the fit on other stuff has seemed baggy. Is this fuera any different?

gd303uk 22 Mar 2014
In reply to CMcBain:

Try the gamma SL hoody, it's more of a wind proof has hemlock things that prevent the jacket pulling up through your harness, bright colours and a Bit water proof packs small, and cheapish.

http://www.backcountry.com/arcteryx-gamma-sl-hybrid-softshell-hoody-jacket-...
 nathan79 22 Mar 2014
In reply to CMcBain:

Paramo Fuera fits like a tent, size down advisable. Good tough windproof.
 saffy 22 Mar 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

I highly rate the SL also. Big helmet compatible hood and dries really quickly.
In reply to CMcBain:

Most windproof tops will pull out of a harness as you repeatedly lift your hands above your head.

Go to you local alterations lady and get her to sew an elastic crouch strap onto it. Or do it yourself if you are handy with a sewing machine.

I could sew one on for you if you are interested.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...