UKC

Camping in the Lake District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chrissyboy 20 Mar 2014
Planning a camping trip to the Lake District sometime early May.
Anyone got any recommendations for a small quiet campsite with stunning views and preferably a decent pub within walking distance please.
 Mark Eddy 20 Mar 2014
In reply to chrissyboy:

Not sure if it'll be quiet but certainly a great location and top quality nearby pubs try Eskdale, I think the campsite is Camping & Caravaning and called Fisherground. The walking & climbing in that area is much quieter and very good.
OP chrissyboy 20 Mar 2014
In reply to A Mountain Journey:

Nice one, thanks very much for the reply, I will check it out
 John R 21 Mar 2014
In reply to chrissyboy: Turner Hall at Seathwaite in the Duddon. Camp site basic but setting superb and the Newfield is five minutes walk, plenty of quality walking, climbing, river-swimming etc. on the doorstep.

Bob 21 Mar 2014
In reply to chrissyboy:

Generally those to the west of the district are quieter - these days there's no such thing as a quiet campsite in the Lakes they all tend to be busy. The aforementioned Fisherground in Eskdale and Turner Hall in Dunnerdale are both good. There's also one at Nether Wasdale though I've not used it, it is very close to two good pubs.

The campsite at Buttermere is also worth a punt.
OP chrissyboy 21 Mar 2014
In reply to John R:

Thanks for the information,sounds good.
In reply to Bob:

Thanks Bob.
In reply to chrissyboy:

Just had a look at Turner Hall- Don't think I need to look any further.
Cheers Guys.
 Tom Valentine 21 Mar 2014
In reply to chrissyboy:

Went to Setmabanning near Threlkeld a couple of years ago. A bit basic but 10 mins from the Horse and Farrier and 20 from the foot of Hall's Fell.
stuartgmilton 21 Mar 2014
In reply to chrissyboy:

Another vote for Turner hall, superb site, if you like it basic. Pub down the road is superb to.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...