UKC

When are this years range west briefings?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bigbobbyking 25 Mar 2014
Have dates been released for Range West Briefings this year yet? If so where can I find them? Thanks...
 mattrm 25 Mar 2014
In reply to bigbobbyking:

BMC website.
 Elfyn Jones 25 Mar 2014
In reply to bigbobbyking:

This year's Range West briefings will be on Good Friday (April 18th), Saturday May 24th and the final one on Saturday July 26th.
As always the briefings will be held at the Castlemartin Army Camp and start at 9am prompt.
Once briefed climbers will be able to climb on all non-firing days at Range West until Easter 2015.

More information and the latest access info for Pembrokeshire is on the BMC Regional Access Database https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/SubRegion.aspx?id=71

Elfyn Jones
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales)
OP bigbobbyking 25 Mar 2014
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Great, thanks.
 The Pylon King 25 Mar 2014
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Always so hard to find on the BMC website. If you put it in the search it comes up with stuff for 2012!
 Offwidth 25 Mar 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:

Its at the bottom of the info on the Pembrooke South Pages in RAD if you look. Why search when you can use a 2/ 3 click contents link.
In reply to Offwidth:
Because it should be easy to use the search facility - what else is it designed for?

I find the home page of the website visually confusing and in such a case i think typing 'Range West breifings 2014' should come up with goods.

especially if you are new to the website and new to the RAD facility and new to climbing in RW.
Post edited at 16:17
OP bigbobbyking 25 Mar 2014

This was exactly my problem!
 Offwidth 25 Mar 2014

I would always use an index before a search on a structured web, page. Search for me is when I dont know where to look and then I may need to vary the wording to find what I want reasonably quickly. In this case you can get it direct by searching for "range west 2014" as too many other articles contain the three words not in that order..
In reply to Offwidth:

Do you mean "In this case you CANT get it direct...."?

As i said i have always found the website visually confusing, but i think i am slightly deslyxic.
 Offwidth 26 Mar 2014

I mean if you put "range west 2014" (in quotes: so it searches for that string) it is top of the site search list.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...