UKC

cam pulled out going through the cave roof on blanco

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I climbed straight up the right hand crack directly under the cave on blanco direct at dovestones.When i got under the cave i traversed left and i was thinking,This is starting to get green and wet.I made it to the dodgy flake right under the roof.I put my large silver dragon in the crack above my head,stood up on the flake and went for the cruz through the hole in the roof.I was using a single rope,I hadn't extended my gear enough and drag had built up.I had also dismissed the first belay station,thinking it was to tight to bring my mate up, on the finger flake before the traverse.I think the drag and the position id placed the cam casued it to turn and pull out after id stepped off the flake and moved up through the roof.I stepped up and all the holds were wet and green,Then i heard my mate shout,i didnt hear exactly what he said,but i knew by the tone and panic straight away that the cam had come out.I just managed to drop back down on to the flake,i was atually shaking,my legs were still like jelly for 10 minutes after i got down.
 mozzer 29 Mar 2014
In reply to cheek to the rock:

Sounds like a fun day.
In reply to mozzer:

I dont think i have ever been as sceared.
 Kafoozalem 30 Mar 2014

That's cams for ya - extend them if you want to count on them being there when you need them. A valuable lesson which we are all familiar with.
In reply to Kafoozalem:
I think i should of placed a nut in the wall on the right,It would of stopped the cam from turning as i climbed left through the roof,Im beginning to see the importance of extensions,Especially with my single rope.Getting it wrong is a drag
Post edited at 21:17
 Oliver Smaje 31 Mar 2014

> Getting it wrong is a drag

Nice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...