UKC

Advice: Miura/Typhoon/anasazi pinky

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jmills94 31 Mar 2014
i have been wear sportiva miuras for quite some time now but have found that after getting them resoled they loosen up just a bit too much for my liking. Based on this im torn between what to get as my 'performance shoe' as am having to retire my current miuras to slabby territory. Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the shoes mentioned above or if i should just get some more miuras.

Cheers.
 HeMa 31 Mar 2014
In reply to jmills94:

Well, I'm about 42 and my Miuras Velcros used to be 40.5...

But when it comes to 5.10, I get my size (42 for Quantums). Seems about perfect...
OP jmills94 31 Mar 2014
In reply to HeMa:

thanks very much but i was after more about how they perform rather than the sizing
 HeMa 31 Mar 2014
In reply to jmills94:

Better
 jim jones 31 Mar 2014
In reply to jmills94:

The performance of Anasazi pinks is pretty well legendary and probably the only reason they've re-introduced them. I wouldn't imagine the performance of the new version is going to be worse than the original. It's unlikely you're going to get a comparison though as they've only just been launched. I'm certainly going back to them as soon as I need a new pair.
 matt pigden 01 Apr 2014
In reply to jmills94:

I just bought a new pair of Anasazi Pinks and they are great. I had to buy them pretty small as the heel is quite deep and aggravates under the medial malleolus if bought too large, but they have stretched out nicely and feel great. They are a little different to the old version, especially around the heel but I really like them. Personally I've never got on well with Miuras as they feel too tight around my 5th toe and the rubber doesn't feel as good to me as 5:10 so I've been in velcros since my last pair of pinks wore out. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Typhoon.
 1poundSOCKS 01 Apr 2014
In reply to matt pigden: Probably specific to the individual, I bought mine on the comfy side (always do now), and after a month of good use they've stretched a little and now fit perfectly (far better than the VCS in the heel). The best shoe I've ever owned.

@ndyM@rsh@ll 01 Apr 2014
In reply to jmills94:

If miuras fit you well pinks won't, they're completely different shapes. Who did you get them resoled by? If it was pretty much anyone apart from llanberis resoles chances are the person doing it wasn't a climber themselves and has really no idea what's important in a technical climbing shoe.
 alooker 01 Apr 2014
In reply to jmills94:
I like the new pinks but I can't compare them to the miuras I'm afraid as the sportivas don't fit my foot shape at all.

How come old shoes get relegated to slabs? Have I missed something here? I always use my best shoes for those tricky friction slabs!
Post edited at 15:26
OP jmills94 01 Apr 2014
Thanks for all the info guys! I did get them reoled by llanberis and they are great but there is only so much that can be done for a shoe that's been heavily used! I think by the sounds of it the pinks may be more up my street so shall try them on
 jim jones 01 Apr 2014
In reply to alooker:

> How come old shoes get relegated to slabs? Have I missed something here? I always use my best shoes for those tricky friction slabs!

Really? For me old shoes are more flexible and mould onto holds better i.e. the more rubber in contact the better. Much better on Grit etc but maybe with the possible exception of slate slabs!
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll:

> If miuras fit you well pinks won't

I don't agree Andy. Both of those shoes fit my wide feet well.

Thought I totally agree that it is waste of money getting shoes resoled by anyone other than Torquil at Llanberis Resole.
 Mr Fuller 02 Apr 2014
In reply to jmills94:

...and just to jump in and ask a related question... what's the width of the Pinks like compared to other Anasazis, particularly VCS and Verdes? I've got chode-feet and if the pinks are like Blancos then I've no chance. If they're more like VCS then could be a goer. Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...