UKC

psychi bouldering mat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hi all,

looking to get a new mat, and i've got amazon vouchers to use, so it would make sense to look there. they only have 2, a DMM one at 170 quid, or the crux psychi at £86. anyone use it? would you recommend it?

cheers
gregor
 CharlieMack 02 Apr 2014
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

I've got a highball that I've had for years now. Its definitely better than cheaper pads. Little things like the rounded corners to minimise wear points and make it easier to fit in tge boot. Things like that that you don't notice straight away.

Though not convinced its nearly twice as good as pads tge same sort of size at half tge price like pod sacs ones are atm.

No experience with crux ones. Some cheaper ones like alpkit are burly, but the cheaper fabric just slides if the ground isn't dead flat. Which could be dangerous. If you can afford the DMM one you certainly won't b disappointed. Just not sure the benefits of it are quite worth £50 over similar high end pads.
In reply to CharlieMack:

Thanks, hadn't thought about the cheaper mats being potentially slippier

Anyone out there with experience of the crux mat? Don't want to shell out 90 quid and find its not very good...

Cheers

G

nobody...?

surely you can all tear yourself away from arguing about stevie g, nigel farage and summit's proofreading competence for long enough to say whether this mat is any good or not...?

g
 TimB 02 Apr 2014

Haven't used either, but looking at Amazon the DMM one is a kilo heavier (for the same dimensions - denser foam or heavier-duty covers), has rounded corners and looks a lot more solid.

If you've got the vouchers to cover it I'd buy the DMM one. Or pay less and get a Pod mat from rock+run or direct from podsacs.
In reply to TimB:

i see your point. my ankles wont thank me for saving some cash, and i'm probably better investing more up front than having to pay for physio later...

but i don't think the vouchers will run to the DMM one, i'd need to top them up with some cash

in which case, is 180 quid a good price for the DMM one? or are there other better-spec mats available for less elsewhere...?

cheers
gregor
 TimB 02 Apr 2014

No idea - you'll be needing an answer from someone who's at least had a cheeky squeeze of them in a shop.
In reply to TimB:

ok i'll broaden the question on another thread...
 victorclimber 03 Apr 2014

save your money ,don't jump or fall ..
 Ben_Climber 03 Apr 2014

Hello Gregor,

I am the owner of Psychi.
More than happy to get a Pad out to you if you are still interested.
Take it out for a test run, if you not happy with the quality of it then let me know and will arrange collection and refund!

I have had great reviews on all of them sold. Some have been used for only a few outdoor sessions, some on home walls and some have taken a beating in font. Mine has seen two font trips and countless trips out in the peak and still going strong.

Feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers,
Ben
 Andypeak 03 Apr 2014

not used the crux one but spoke to the bloke who owns the company and they are made in the same factory as to the same standards and pretty much to the same design as the mad rock and climbing x mats which are supposed to be pretty good.
 rickeden 04 Apr 2014

don't bother just buy a Snap pad the quality is amazing and they dont slip on the grass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...