UKC

jetboil v primus eta?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bluebird 04 Apr 2014
anyone got a view on the relative merits of these two please? wanting just to boil water in above freezing temperatures. might also like the ability to cook/heat boil in the bag. From a quick search of t'internet I gather Primus owns the patent on jetboil and they've got some additional enhancements. not much in it or is there a clear winner?
thanks
 Solaris 04 Apr 2014
In reply to Bluebird:

My mate looked into this recently and ended up buying a jetboil pan and an Eta burner as he thought it gave the best combination of the pluses of each system. Can't remember the details of why, but I'll see what I can find out. In use the system was fine, and though the top/bottom fit wasn't perfect it was OK.
 rob_lee 04 Apr 2014
In reply to Bluebird:

Jetboil all day long, I was very excited when primus releases the solo, but it was short lived. It used to be near impossible to remove the pan from the burner.
I bought a aluminum sol as soon as it was released and it's brilliant except the sleeve is to flimsy. If weight is an issue, I would get the flash. Bought my old man one last year.

Last winter I saw a reactor being used an was very impressed but rather pricy!
 Solaris 04 Apr 2014
In reply to Bluebird:

Sorry - my mistake: he got a MSR Windpro and a Jetboil flux ring pan. Light and highly efficient, and the Windpro design is pretty CO safe as gas stoves go.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...