UKC

NEW REVIEW: The North Face DNP Hoodie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 17 Apr 2014
A great outer layer for spring conditions, 4 kbDan Bailey takes the DNP Hoodie from The North Face out in to the Scottish hills for a thorough testing.

Does he like it? Does he loathe it?

"Perhaps it's more a style thing...?"

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=6259

Morgan Woods 17 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

dude i think you gotta accessorise better.....not sure black pants, shoes, gloves and axe really go with such a bright jacket;

now this on the other hand:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/287lkyr.jpg

:p
 JayPee630 17 Apr 2014
In reply to Morgan Woods:

It looks like it's a well fitting as a sack in those photos!
 gogoi 18 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Are the sleeves insulated?
 Jim Sutherland 18 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Great to see Dan testing the Hoodie on the hill and not just 'having a look at it'! Enjoyed the photos too.
 James FR 18 Apr 2014
In reply to JayPee630:

> It looks like it's a well fitting as a sack in those photos!

Agreed, it looks about two sizes too big. Maybe that's why it has "Good freedom of movement, scrambling Am Fasarinen".
In reply to JayPee630:

It's not the closest fitting, but then it's designed to be able to layer over the top of other things. Should maybe have mentioned it in the review but I didn't really think it an issue. It's very thin, so billows a lot in high wind as in the photos here. Perhaps that makes is look more sacklike than it really feels?
 deugar 23 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

I'd be interested to know what camera bag you're pictured with in the photos Dan - not found a good solution to scrambling with an SLR but that looks worth a try (if not DNP)
In reply to deugar:

It's an Aquapac something or other that a mate very kindly gave me. Don't know what they cost but I can't really recommend it for scrambling, climbing etc. I'm using it because I've currently got nothing else, but long term it'll be my wet weather walking - only bag. On the plus side it's waterproof. Downside, the roll-top and unstructured insides make getting camera in and out quite a fiddle. It's also bigger and squarer than it needs to be.

A basic Lowepro bag or similar would be better
 deugar 24 Apr 2014
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Many thanks for the helpful reply

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...