UKC

Rock boots for damaged feet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Snugglebunny 21 Apr 2014
Hi, I am new on the forum . I would be very grateful for advice about rock boots or other footwear. I had an accident a couple if years ago which resulted in my ankles and feet ending up with rather a lot of titanium in them, ankles bolted and massively weak arches.

I have recovered my fitness to the point that I want to start climbing again. I need to get some footwear that is as grippy and as easy to climb in as possible, whilst also offering support to my feet.

I am considering buying normal rock boots in a larger size and using copious amounts of tape to support my feet. Any improvements on this would be good

If anyone has been in a similar situation, it would be great to hear from you!
 MischaHY 21 Apr 2014
In reply to Snugglebunny:

One positive note is that the actual climbing will greatly strengthen the arches in your feet. Just avoid walking in the shoes
 GPN 21 Apr 2014
Obviously it depends what exactly you want to do with them, but for routes at VS ish and below (or the sport equivalent), I'd be tempted to look at a reasonably smooth soled approach shoe. Something like the 5.10 (women's?) Guide Tennie worn reasonably tight fitting could be worth a look.

annak 21 Apr 2014

I have a pair of boreal ballets as my winter climbing shoes (I can wear socks with them) - but i was thinking they might be a possibility for you as they have high tops and a stiff sole, so might accommodate / support your high-tech feet better?
Snugglebunny 22 Apr 2014
Thank you so much, that has given me plenty to go on! I am really looking forward to getting out this summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...