UKC

primus express spider

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I have the primus express spider. Bought in 2010ish. Not excessively used. But has recently started 'spluttering' (for want of a better word). This primarily happened when I was using a gentler heat. I thought it was the gas, but there is still plenty in my canister.

Any suggestions as to why or the cure?
 tjin 23 Apr 2014
In reply to mh554:

Normally the jet should be very clean when burning gas, but clogged jets can cause these things. Try to clean it.
In reply to tjin:

Is it as simple as unscrewing the bits and jetting clean air or a pipe cleaner down it?
 tjin 23 Apr 2014
In reply to mh554:

It's usually the jet (the little thing that screw off at the top) which is partially blocked. Use a little pricker to clear it.

If you have none, take a fine metal brush, remove one of the wires and hold it with a pair of pliers and use it to poke the little jet.

If that doesn't help, you might need to ask the manufacture or the stove people (spiritburner.com)
 TobyA 23 Apr 2014
In reply to tjin:

> If you have none, take a fine metal brush, remove one of the wires and hold it with a pair of pliers and use it to poke the little jet.

Or one of the strands of copper wire from inside plastic coated electrical wire - this was the right size for cleaning my pocket rocket's jet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...