UKC

Footwear for hot dusty places .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
SethChili 27 Apr 2014
I'm going to spend a while knocking around Andalucia in Spain this summer .Although big peaks are not on the menu I want to be able to explore , tramp about and get to some interesting places .
Flip flops are somewhat lacking in protection ,but 3-4 season leather boots sounds a bit clumpy and warm for temperatures in the high 20's .
What should I put on my feet ?
If anyone has experience or advice they would like to share ,it would be much appreciated .
 LucaC 27 Apr 2014
In reply to SethChili:

I have always worn mesh running shoes, inov8 or similar, in the south of Italy in the summer. Comfy for all day use and usually a good tread as they are actually designed for the outdoors. Obviously not as supportive as boots but way more comfortable in hot climates.
 marsbar 27 Apr 2014
In reply to SethChili:

You can get trainer/approach shoes with holes in like a cross between a sandal and a trainer with a good sole.

I think mine are teva watersports shoes but there are others. Maybe google merrell karrimor etc sandals.
andymac 27 Apr 2014
In reply to SethChili:

Think Jesus found the solution to the shoe for hot ,dusty places problem about 2014 years ago.

Or was it the Romans?
SethChili 27 Apr 2014
In reply to andymac:

> Think Jesus found the solution to the shoe for hot ,dusty places problem about 2014 years ago.

> Or was it the Romans?

Dying on a cross sounds like a painful solution . I will try and track down some sandal/trainer/approach shoe things .
Thanks to the guys who replied . Just good to get an idea of good footwear .
andymac 27 Apr 2014
In reply to SethChili:

Sorry Seth.

Inov8 mud claws or x talons are nice and breathable

Lots of choices in the approach shoe line.

Saloman Speedcross 3 are excellent also for keeping your feet cool.
 neuromancer 28 Apr 2014
In reply to SethChili:

A pair of guide tennies in canvas? Just got back from costa blanca, where much fun was had with never too hot feet.
 LucaC 28 Apr 2014
In reply to andymac:

Anything with really aggressive, fell running, mud griping tread like the mud claw or talon will wear out fast and not give great grip on hard packed dry earth. Much better to get something with a flatter treat pattern.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...