UKC

OI NEWS: MSR® Hubba Hubba® NX Tent wins Outside Magazine's Gear o

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 28 Apr 2014
Hubba Hubba NX, 3 kbMSR (Mountain Safety Research®) is honoured to announce its new Hubba Hubba NX tent has won Outside magazine's prestigious Gear of the Year award in the “tents” category

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=6292
 andyinglis 28 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Does it still have the same inherent flaw of previous incarnations where the user occasionally gets wet and tent fills up with water when the weather is windy and raining (due to water being blown up between the inner and outer skins/parts? It was this aspect that convinced me never to buy another one of these tents.

Andy
ceri 28 Apr 2014
In reply to andyinglis:
Which one did you have? We've never had this with the HP, which I think had lower outer sides to cope with UK (rather than US) weather. The new one does look like the sides don't come down very far...
Post edited at 10:30
 Tom F Harding 28 Apr 2014
In reply to andyinglis:

Ive got a Hubba HP and its an amazing little tent but agreed that the outer could do with be a few inches longer. I find the door the most problematic. You either end up with 'slack' in the porch or a gap. Still highly recommended as its good value for money and weighs absolutely nothing.
 andyinglis 28 Apr 2014
In reply to Ceri:
Think I have the Hubba HP 2009 (bought in 2009), bought in the UK. Yes it weights not much, but you often forget this benefit when everything in your tent is wet!
 FreshSlate 29 Apr 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Yeah looks like it still has that problem. Oh well that's a shame, I've been looking for a new tent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...