UKC

NEWS: PRE-COMP REPORT: Baku, Azerbaijan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 May 2014
Shauna Coxsey competing for Team GB, 3 kbThe second round of the 2014 IFSC Bouldering World Cup will take place this weekend (3rd and 4th May) in Baku, Azerbaijan...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68895
 teapot 03 May 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Has anyone managed to get the live streaming working? I can't.
In reply to teapot:

They had problems with the internet connection in China, I don't expect Azerbaijan to be much better. I think the Live Streaming will be much better when it's in Europe.
 walts4 03 May 2014
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:
> They had problems with the internet connection in China, I don't expect Azerbaijan to be much better. I think the Live Streaming will be much better when it's in Europe.

Emm, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Azerbaijan a winner & held the proceeding round in the European song contest-)
Sure they are future prospective EU members, its amazing how the border of Europe has stretched!
Post edited at 16:17
 Ram MkiV 03 May 2014
In reply to teapot:

Qualifiers today - stream only starts 5:30am UK time tomorrow. Sounds like there's not going to be any streaming of the qualifiers this year which is a shame for sports fans.
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:
Thats a pretty bold statement Paul, what do you base it on.

Facts such as AZE not being in Europe, or Europe being the only place capable of producing a good stream - I refer you to Briancon 2013 and the problems at the recent CWIF 2014.

IMHO your statement about Azerbaijan is totally out of order, factually incorrect and based on pretty dodgy stereotypes.

FYI the upload today was showing at 156Mb which is off the scale, the wifi for the results tablets was the strongest and most reliable I have ever seen.
Post edited at 20:55
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

No offence intended Graeme, I just trying to stop people getting discouraged from watching the coverage of the World Cup. Plus I wasn't aware that Azerbaijan is in both Europe and Asia, my apologies.

That is a very impressive upload speed.

I am aware of the method you employed to get the streaming at the CWIF, good work!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...