UKC

Help with identifying a route, not in my guidebook, Barmouth

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 3B48 05 May 2014
Hi

We went out for a day on Barmouth slabs, me being a relative beginner outdoors so it suited me! However, all the routes up to Vdiffs were taken on top ropes by groups so we did the severes in the guide we had. After that we kinda made up our own routes because our guide book was limited - I had the north wales climbs rockfax ...
We went to the left of Crack 1 and Xebec, none described in my guidebook, it was pretty thin on hands, feet and gear, would like to know a bit more detail about what we did on the route if any of you guys know it. Ta!
 Dave Williams 06 May 2014
In reply to Lobsbelow:

Yes, the North Wales Rockfax is a bit limited for a number of crags and you can soon run out of options. However, the definitive CC guide to the area - Meirionnydd - wouldn't have helped you either in this case.

Sounds as if you may have climbed Slabotomy (E1 5a), a 'newish' eliminate which goes up the blank looking slab to the left of Crack 1. " ...pretty thin on hands, feet and gear ..." is a good description although it can be climbed at a lower grade if side runners are placed in Crack 1.

HTH

Dave
OP 3B48 09 May 2014
In reply to Dave Williams:

Thanks for that, I've done a bit of a google around now you've named it and it looks to be the one. Many thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...