UKC

A different challenge for charity...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BruceW 17 May 2014
After his partner’s year of treatment for breast cancer, a good friend of mine, who effectively got me into climbing, is going to undertake an unusual ultra endurance challenge starting on the 1st June to raise money for the charities that helped her. These are the Macmillan Unit at Calderdale Royal Hospital, Macmillan Cancer Support and The Haven (Breast Cancer Support Centres), all of whom were integral to her treatment and her well being over the year.

I’m actually not sure which is the best forum to post this as he is an experienced adventure racer and is planning to do the three peaks under his own steam. This will involve running in and out of each, ascending each by a classic climb (Snowdon by Avalanche, Red Wall, Longland’s Continuation; Scafell by Bridge’s Route; Ben Nevis by Tower Ridge) and then cycling between them. The cycling will include transferring to a MTB to take in the West Highland Way for the last leg of the journey and the total distance will be about 750km. He is going to be supported by teams of friends and relatives based at each location.

I don’t often post but I thought that as I cannot help him on the days involved, the best way I could support him is to promote his unusual challenge. He will raise money for some very good causes and further details (including how to donate) can be found at http://www.threecubed.org.uk.

Many thanks,

Bruce.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...