UKC

Dewerstone -nesting birds and bees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 james mann 18 May 2014
There are chicks (kestrel I think) nesting on the second pitch of climbers club. There are also eggs in a nest on Gideon. Would be best if these routes could be left alone until they have flown the nest. Also there is a bee's nest just above the first belay which could prove quite exciting. La bête noire just above needle arête is now clean so more traffic on this be great.

Thanks

James
OP james mann 18 May 2014
In reply to mann9076:

Just bumping this.
 David Coley 18 May 2014
In reply to mann9076:

Birds: is that on the first pitch?

Bees: is that also in Gideon?

Thanks.
OP james mann 19 May 2014
In reply to David Coley:

Bees and birds on p2 of climbers club and birds on p1 of Gideon. Would suggest avoiding area altogether until chicks have flown the nest.

James_
 d_b 19 May 2014
In reply to mann9076:

Waiting until the birds have flown should give me enough time to develop an insulated bee smoker that I can attach to a harness without risking melting incidents...
 Mark Kemball 19 May 2014
In reply to mann9076:

A few years back, we had to dodge a hornets nest on the top pitch of CC.
 David Coley 19 May 2014
In reply to mann9076:

> Bees and birds on p2 of climbers club and birds on p1 of Gideon. Would suggest avoiding area altogether until chicks have flown the nest.

> James_

Thanks
 Nick GP 02 Jun 2014
In reply to mann9076:

Bump. Lots of people gearing up to climb Gideon and Climbers Club on the weekend.

There are still nesting kestrels on these routes. Please avoid for now.

Thanks
 rhudson 02 Jun 2014
In reply to mann9076:

La bete noire and Meilleurs Chiens du Monde are both very enjoyable, well protected and worth a visit. Well done for the work done on this bit of crag.
 Tom Last 02 Jun 2014
In reply to rhudson:

Second what rhudson says here, we had a good day on the new & newly cleaned routes.

Lots to do at Dewerstone, no need to disturb the birds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...