UKC

Alpine mountain biking mid June, whats open.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Patzl 22 May 2014
What resorts or lifts are open from the 16 th of June,and any B&Bs
cheers
P
aligibb 22 May 2014
In reply to Patzl:

As far as we have been told here in Morzine, the Pleney bubble will be open from 16th. It used to be that they opened weekends from the middle of June and then all the time from the end of June but with the new lift we think it may be different. Even if it is just the weekend, the Rocher de Naye and Bex trains just over the border in Switzerland allow a massive uplift. There are a few places open in Morzine by mid June (I run one of them, and we open from the beginning of June for road biking!) so let me know if I can be any help. Website is www.44south.co.uk if you want to have a look. www.morznet.com is also good for info.

Ali
 gethin_allen 22 May 2014
In reply to Patzl:

You could try contacting Martin at Jolly Good Alpine Adventures in Morzine, we've been over there a three times and always had a good time. The Chalet they run, The Sherpa, isn't the flashest establishment but it's plenty comfortable for someone wanting to get some riding done, the staff have always been great, as has the food and drink. A few times when we've been there they have guided us to more remote places and even taken us up in a van to get us to places the lifts don't reach. They also do transfers from nearby airports (Geneva in our case) and have transport and storage for bikes.
OP Patzl 22 May 2014
In reply to Patzl:

Wow cheers for both, will look into both, if you can let me know if lifts are open Ali, that would be a great help for deciding, cheers
aligibb 23 May 2014
In reply to Patzl:

Just looked back through my diary and last year Les Gets area and Pleney side of Morzine opened from the 15th June onwards, so plenty of riding there!

Ali
OP Patzl 23 May 2014
In reply to aligibb:

cheers
 Jungle_153 23 May 2014
In reply to Patzl:

If Austria is an option take a look at Saalbach-Hinterglemm. I was there a couple of years ago, the Pensions in the area used to operate a scheme called the Joker card, free use of the lifts. Pretty sure it was about the same time of year we were there.
 gdp 23 May 2014
In reply to Patzl:

Saturday 14th is the partial opening weekend for a few places in the western alps; Les Gets, Pila, Verbier amongst others, but check that they're open during the week.
Chamonix is mostly open as far as bikes are concerned from the 14th....
More dates and info here: http://www.chamonixbikeblog.com/2014/what-where-when-2014-lift-openings/
altirando 23 May 2014
In reply to Patzl:

Why would you want to stay so far north? Much more opportunity in the Hautes Alpes or Alpes Maritimes areas, and the latter used to have a very good free colour guide to routes. Try their Tourisme office.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...