UKC

Tour de France Stage 1 on Boris bikes - Sponsorship needed!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ashley 30 May 2014
A few of my friends have planned a very short notice fundraising event for Macmillan Cancer Support and need your help (well, cash really!).

As of midnight tonight they'll be heading to London to hire some Boris bikes, driving up to Yorkshire with them to ride Stage 1 of the Tour de France on them before driving back to London to return them within the 24 hour hire period.

http://borisvletour.strikingly.com/

http://www.justgiving.com/borisvletour

This is going to be a mammoth challenge for them as their training for this has been pretty non-existant, it's for a noble cause so if you can spare a few quid for Macmillan Cancer Support I'm sure they'd be very appreciative!
 Bob 30 May 2014
In reply to Ashley:

It's not sponsorship they need it's their heads seeing to!
OP Ashley 31 May 2014
In reply to Ashley:

A quick status update, they've got 30 miles left of the stage before the drive back to London!
 nbonnett 31 May 2014
In reply to Ashley:

Brill

I saw you this morning on the way to kilnsey and i thought they've nicked them and gone on holiday.

put a smile on my face , bloody great well done. I'm laughing now. !!!!

andy 31 May 2014
In reply to Ashley: good effort, lads - donation made.

OP Ashley 31 May 2014
In reply to nbonnett:

> Brill

> I saw you this morning on the way to kilnsey

I can't take credit for any of the hard work, it's a few friends of mine that are doing it!
OP Ashley 31 May 2014
In reply to andy:

> good effort, lads - donation made.

Andy, thank you very much, they'll appreciate it hugely.
 nbonnett 31 May 2014
In reply to Ashley:

££££ done
OP Ashley 31 May 2014
In reply to nbonnett:

> ££££ done

Amazing, thank you very much!

The lads should be just about finishing the riding now, I'll let you know when I hear any news.
OP Ashley 31 May 2014
In reply to Ashley:

A knee injury to one of the riders slowed them down but buy they finished the ride, currently fighting their way back to London but they're doing loads of roadworks on the M1, fingers crossed they make it back before midnight!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...