UKC

Add a new dimension to your climbing wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LeeWood 01 Jun 2014
OP LeeWood 03 Jun 2014
In reply to LeeWood:

Stop press! One of my objectives with this structure was to implement a knee-bar. I have so far failed to take advantage but yesterday the lad did one hands-free. It was intiially painful but better now the holds have been rounded off.

Has anyone else managed to set up a knee bar on thier home wall?
 Dandan 03 Jun 2014
In reply to LeeWood:

That's quite interesting, but on a wall that shallow do all the protruding studs not stop you from pulling in tight to the wall for certain moves?
On a steeper wall you can't really pull in so much but when it's only ten degress it must feel like all the holds are mounted in depressions!
I'd be more tempted to stick an extra piece of wood onto a normal style wall if i wanted a tufa, at least then you could remove it without your wall falling to bits...
OP LeeWood 03 Jun 2014
In reply to Dandan:

A good point, but averagely, no. My lad has the advantage because his straddle is correct for the LH or RH pair of studs (70cm) whereas mine matches 1+3 or 2+4 (115cm) meaning as you say that there's one in the middle pushing me out. Real life tufas can be a lot deeper though, and could also force your style similarly.

The lower 'bars' also push you out, and from seated start this provides additional steepness for several dynos, after which layaway or pinch moves take-over. By the time the upper bars are reached you('ve virtually topped out.

To create a similar wall with such extensive bolt on wufas would double the timber used, and to my view - would simply be a wasted opportunity. The interest and character that this style introduces would enhance anyones experience of home training.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...