UKC

Easy and quiet bouldering in North Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberino 05 Jun 2014
I'm taking some friends and our families to North Wales and us boys want to do some bouldering while we're there. No one boulders above Font 6c and my friends have almost no outdoor experience. Can anyone recommend somewhere for us to go for half a day? Thanks.
 Charlie Noakes 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Roberino:

My first thought would be the RAC boulders. Lots of easy lines in a nice setting, should be plenty to keep you busy for half a day.
 climber34neil 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Roberino:
Another vote for rac boulders although it can get busy. Look on northwales bouldering.com should find a world of opportunities on there
Post edited at 21:32
robapplegate 05 Jun 2014
In reply to Roberino:

Pinnacles above Capel Curig, nice picnic spot too.
 climber34neil 06 Jun 2014
In reply to robapplegate:

Lion rock / fachwen area
 Mike Peacock 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Roberino:

Milestone Boulders is not a bad option. If you pick up the CC Ogwen guide it lists some very easy problems by the road, and there are other boulders around with easy unlisted lines.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Roberino:

I would recommend the RAC boulders and there are some easy problems around the Cromlech Boulders if you know where to look.

Whilst there are some boulder around Lion Rock/Fachwen I have stopped usin them with groups since I found there is a lot of broken glass around the base. Sadly thanks no doubt to local youths using it as a drinking spot.
OP Roberino 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Roberino:

Thanks for the quick responses! Now does anyone know which guide has the RAC boulders in it? Or where I might get a topo online?
OP Roberino 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Roberino:

Scrub that last request. Just found this: http://www.summitpost.org/rac-boulders/571028#chapter_10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...