UKC

Rock Empire advice- is it alive in UK?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jade93 11 Jun 2014
Hi everybody,
I would like to buy new equipment,cause it has been a while since I was climbing last time and as I did a short research, there is one not well known brand at the UK market Rock Empire, which caught my attention. Everything has certificates, prices are better than common UK brands (I found one distributor) and design is nice too but I still questioning myself about quality. Does anybody have experiences with this brand? How did you find it?
Thanks for all reply
 SOUTHERN GRAY 11 Jun 2014
In reply to Jade93:

I bought a set of 5 rock empire cams about 13 or 14 years ago. From what I remember, they were fine with all of them being used for leader falls at one point or another with problems whatsoever. They were good value too.
mike.gore 11 Jun 2014
In reply to Jade93:

In Poland there is plenty of Rock Empire gear. But it's considered as very budget, not_so_great_quality gear.
I've used Rock Empire Axel cams, they were ok because they had double axle cam mechanism. BUt they were noticeably heavier and had a differed color coding than BM so I quit using them. Also they were not that handy as BD Cams or DMM Dragons.
That said, If You on the budget Rock Empire may be a good choice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...