UKC

South Downs Way 100

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wonrek 12 Jun 2014
No mountains or even small crags I expect but is anyone else going to be there this weekend?
XXXX 12 Jun 2014
In reply to Wonrek:

No, but I'm very local so it's on my list. I did the whole thing as a relay team last week so if you want a conditions report let me know!

Good luck, don't underestimate it.

Moley 12 Jun 2014
In reply to Wonrek:

Good luck, I always wanted to do that when I lived and trained on it years ago - I wasn't a bad runner then. But I could never fit it in with work etc. and we never had the info on ultra running 30 years ago so I was a bit scared of the distance.
Martyn Greaves ran it most years and certainly won it, he was one of our top ultra runners then and in my local village running club, looked upon as a bit of a weirdo in those days, think he was the first Brit to complete the 3 big US ultras in one year. He was walking the 100 which he does every year (second highest completions I think), but he is a wreck now and ruined his body on ultras so only does some walking.

I'm sure you know it, but watch out for all those flint and chalk downland tracks - hard on the feet and it'll be hot! Let us know how it goes.
OP Wonrek 13 Jun 2014
In reply to XXXX:

Conditions dry and hot?

I think it's going to be hard and hot going tomorrow!
Removed User 15 Jun 2014
In reply to Wonrek:

how did it go? I did back to back runs 17/13 ml and these wiped me off due to heat? finding difficult to imagine running 100
Moley 16 Jun 2014
In reply to Wonrek:

Hope it went well, let us know. I've been off with a nasty "lurgy" this week so glad I hadn't started anything.
OP Wonrek 16 Jun 2014
In reply to Moley:

It was hard graft I can say! I was on for sub 24 till around midnight when the wheels came off. Still managed a 26hr finish so can't grumble too much.

Will definitely be back next year to get that sub 24. Will you have a crack at it?
Moley 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Wonrek:

I doubt it, I'm not that into events really and know the area well so don't have the novelty of somewhere new. If anything I'm planning to try the south Wales traverse with a mate later this summer

Had lurgy last few days, about recovered and now a badly infected little toe - took a thorn out 5 days ago and it's gone very horrid last couple of days, fear I have to give in and visit GP for more bloody antibiotics.

Feeling sorry for myself!
Well done though, good run in the heat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...