UKC

The Cracks Dinas Mot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gd303uk 13 Jun 2014
Just wondering if The Cracks Dinas Mot, would be doable this afternoon ? I fancy introducing Shelley ( my wife) to an enjoyable multi pitch classic in the pass, nothing too scary or strenuous , also I f anybody has a recommendation for such a climb please let me know.
Thank you
Graham
 CurlyStevo 13 Jun 2014
In reply to gd303uk:
It tends to be in the shade and can be prone to seepage.

Have you thought about Dives / Better things instead?

You could of course then do any number of climbs include after this - the first two pitches of nea (are only marginally harder - ab off after this on insitu gear 3 & 4 are not worth doing), or crackstone rib etc etc etc.
Post edited at 10:22
 wynaptomos 13 Jun 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

Are you asking about the conditions? They are great at the moment. If it is the nature of the route, The Cracks is fine for a beginner - nice and slabby. She will need to be happy to abseil back down the gully though - much safer than down-climbing.
 FactorXXX 13 Jun 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

How about Crackstone Rib on Carreg Wastad: -

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=1738

In the sun and easy access and descent.
 CurlyStevo 13 Jun 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:
Another good choice - I think on a day like this it would be a massive shame not to be climbing in the sun.
Post edited at 10:22
OP gd303uk 13 Jun 2014

In reply ,
Thanks everybody,
I hadn't thought about Crackstone rib or Dives , I think she would like the walk in to Crackstone and The Cracks, the walk in to clogwyn Bochlwyd was almost too much the other week .
I have done Nea , so this could be good for me, no surprises.
It is exciting to say the least leading my wife on a climb, I have never really worried much when climbing with my mates etc, but when it's your partner it does add an extra dimension.

Thanks again for giving me more options and advice.
A climb in the sun will be good.

Cheers
Graham
Post edited at 11:27
 CurlyStevo 13 Jun 2014
In reply to gd303uk:
Hope you had a goodun
OP gd303uk 16 Jun 2014
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Cheers Curly,

we did have a successful trip, no climbing unfortunately but we did a tour of all the routes suggested and a few others, we have booked a weekend away to tackle the ones Shelley felt she would like a go on, i didn't want to pressure Shell' into climbing, just getting used to being out in a tent was enough.

cheers everybody for the advice/recommends.

Graham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...