UKC

Welsh translator required

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
InkyAnn 19 Jun 2014
The ABC Training Trust is looking for a Welsh translator for their forthcoming NIBAS documentation.

The NIBAS logbook must use the same linguistic style as our bilingual NICAS logbook, using both formal and technical Welsh terms. Some liaison with the BMC and Mountain Training may be necessary to agree technical words not yet agreed in Welsh. The logbook will be used in formal educational settings to teach both Bouldering and the Welsh language, so a very high standard is required.

This is a paid piece of work with a deadline of 8th August 2014. Please indicate your hourly or daily rate when applying.

If interested, please contact Anne on anne@nicas.co.uk for more information. We will provide a copy of the bilingual NICAS logbook to indicate the language style required. No formal CV is necessary.
 Yanis Nayu 19 Jun 2014
In reply to InkyAnn:

Can't you just take all the vowels out?
 The Potato 20 Jun 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

actually welsh has 7 vowels cleverdick
 obi-wan nick b 20 Jun 2014
In reply to Submit to Gravity:
"Look you" "see" and "isn't it" wouldn't exist if they did that
 Sl@te Head 20 Jun 2014
In reply to InkyAnn:

If you can't find anyone else, I'm a welsh speaking Outdoor Education Teacher....

Your rates would have to be good as I prefer being outdoors and not typing away at a computer! Would have been a good one to do during the rubbish winter weather...
 kylo-342 23 Jun 2014
In reply to InkyAnn:

Hi Inkyann, mae hyn yn edrych fel cyfle am swydd ddiddorol iawn ar gyfer y person cywir. A ydych yn bwriadu gyfieithu dogfennau i ieithoedd eraill? Nid wyf yn gallu ysgrifennu Cymraeg ond gallwn roi cynnig ar Ffrangeg os ydych yn dymuno. Hefyd, rwy'n aml yn cwrdd â phobl yn y mynyddoedd nad ydynt yn siarad Saesneg, felly efallai y bydd y dogfennau fod yn ddefnyddiol ar eu cyfer. Nid yw wedi bodloni unrhyw dringwyr sy'n siarad Cymraeg er ond yr wyf yn siŵr y bydd cyfieithu yn ddefnyddiol i rywun.
 Alun 23 Jun 2014
In reply to kylo-342:
> Hefyd, rwy'n aml yn cwrdd â phobl yn y mynyddoedd nad ydynt yn siarad Saesneg, felly efallai y bydd y dogfennau fod yn ddefnyddiol ar eu cyfer

a) I think you meant that you haven't met people in the mountains that don't speak English (which is not what you wrote) and b) that isn't the point, is it?

PS os wyt ti'n mynd i neud cut-and-paste o wasanaeth gyfeithu Google, gwna'r ymdrech y gywiro'r cod HTML, o leia...

edit: typos
Post edited at 13:10
 afshapes 25 Jun 2014
In reply to InkyAnn:
Da iawn Alun ......pmsl
InkyAnn 02 Jul 2014
Many thanks to all who contacted us about the opportunity: the NIBAS committee have contacted all applicants and we hope to get the work started shortly.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...