UKC

Canyon bikes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gra B 24 Jun 2014
Has anybody had any dealings with Canyon?
What are your experiences of them? good/bad?
What about after sales support?

Cheers in advance for any advice

Gra
 andy 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:
My mate has one - stupendous value for money (check out Rose Bikes as well) - keep an eye on their stock position as I've heard of long delivery times (which they're always up front about).

I think they might have a UK showroom now?

Edit: No they don't! Rose have a UK chap called Finlay, v helpful.
Post edited at 15:27
In reply to Gra B:
I ve got a buddy whos a cycling nut. He has one, really likes it.
 steev 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:

I've had my Canyon road bike for a month now and it's an amazing machine.

The company have been decent to deal with although there was a very big wait for my bike to arrive. This was all up-front on the website and the estimated delivery was spot on.

They did forget to send me a spare derailleur hanger but sorted it out quickly and fuss-free.
 andy 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B: The other thing to check out is their "sponsorship" deal - join British Cycling, get a race membership and save a packet:

http://www.canyon.com/_en/service/sponsoring.html

However unless you have an aversion to "big name bikes" have a look at Westbrook Cycles deals on Scott - I've just got a Foil Team Issue frame set with Ultegra Di2 11sp shifters, derailleurs, cables and battery (so you need to add wheels, chainset, cassette and finishing kit) for £1399. The frame's 2013 but was £2500 and the same gear set is £700 from Ribble. They also have this:

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-foil-15-di2-aero-road-frameset-2012-...

Frame and full Di2 groupset for £1400 - just add wheels, bars and saddle!
 itsThere 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:

Friend of a friend asked to send it back because it was too small, canyon said yer no problem we will give you the next size up.
 wbo 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:

There's a huge thread on bikeradar in the mountainbike forum I think. All good news there.
 Dave Todd 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Gra B:

I've had a Canyon Nerve AL 8.0 for about 2 years, and a Canyon Roadlite 6.0 for about 18 months. Both fantastic bikes!

No problems in any dealings with Canyon. I had a minor question about the bearings in the rear wheel of the Nerve, Canyon offered to pay for me to take it to LBS to check, ultimately I resolved the question myself but their offer was appreciated.

I've always had quick responses to my e-mails, so dealings are good...!

I'd happily buy another (would love a Spectral...)

Cheers

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...