UKC

Climbing around Newquay Cornwall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cadairmanuk 26 Jun 2014
Hi there , heading down to Newquay for family holiday just wondered if there was any easy rock in the area? I see the impressive sea crags at Saint Agnes but something easier less intimidating?

cheers

B
 aostaman 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Cadairmanuk:

For family stuff that's close try Roche Rock. There's plenty of stuff to top rope. other than that and Aggie it's West Penwith.
 Merlin 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Cadairmanuk:

Newquay is within an hour of some pretty impressive climbing, unless you buy a SW guidebook you need to be a bit more specific about the distance you are prepared to travel, the type of approach you're prepared to undertake and the grade range you're after?
 Duncan Bourne 26 Jun 2014
In reply to Cadairmanuk:

Plenty around Bodmin too
Doyden Point has at least one starred VS
Pentire & Tintagel are a bit hard but there is plenty of off piste boldering around Polzeath
 oakapple 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Cadairmanuk:

Roche rock (20mins) or Helman Tor (30m mins) are your best family friendly climbing spots. Carn Gowla or Cligga head are your best close non-family friendly crags. Otherwise you are looking at an hour+ for anything else worthwhile.
OP Cadairmanuk 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Cadairmanuk:

Thanks for the replies I will have a look.

B
OP Cadairmanuk 16 Jul 2014
In reply to Cadairmanuk:

Roche rock looks the ideal place for a little climb. I don't really want to buy a guide book for one day , anyone know of a topo or any online guide stuff?

Benn
OP Cadairmanuk 16 Jul 2014
In reply to nicmac:

Thanks for that.

ben

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...