UKC

Mountain Training-DLOG question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bee_1 28 Jun 2014
I have just started to use the mountain training DLOG to record my QMD's. Am currently putting my days that included scrambling under the scrambles section. But if this was part of a day that counts as a QMD, should I also be putting the same day under the Hill walking tab?

I know it seems a really petty question but at the moment it looks like I have less QMD's then I actually do as a fair number of them included scrambling!

Also, I have had some days out recentley that have included a multipitch climb a graded scramble and some hill walking, where do I put that day?!

Thanks
 northy1983 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Bee_1:
yes I would do it as both a scramble and qmd. I did similar for a walk in to cloggy the other week and the routes I did that day to.
Post edited at 21:01
 marzi 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Bee_1:

I hate the DLOG, its really unwieldy and putting in years of climbing experience in there is very time consuming and painful and its really hard to correct mistakes and its not very flexible when it comes to some more esoteric climbs

I hate it, I hope they accept a neat excel page when it comes to applying to get on the MIA course,
 GrahamUney 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Bee_1:

Hi. I raised this very question with MTUK, and the reply was that yes, you should enter it into all relevant sections. So if you do, say Grooved Arete on Tryfan, then Bristly Ridge, then walk over the Glyders, enter Grooved Arete under rock climbing, Bristly Ridge (and South Ridge of Tryfan!) under scrambling, then the whole thing under hillwalking as a QMD. A bit of a pain, but that's how they want it!

Graham
OP Bee_1 30 Jun 2014
In reply to GrahamUney:

Thank you! Looks like I need to go back and do some editing now then....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...