UKC

Cams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Doms1 29 Jun 2014
Looking at getting some new cams. Thoughts on the relative advantages/disadvantages of single or double stem cams? I'm looking at the DMM 4CU or demons off needle sports. Pretty similar prices so tossing up which to get at the moment. Any thoughts or advice welcome.
 The Potato 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Doms1:

Ive got a mix of both but have only done Vdiff and S routes so hardly an authority on such things. I find it easier to place double stems with one finger, single stems bend a bit more with rope drag. Im sure someone wiser will be along soon.
 cliff shasby 05 Jul 2014
In reply to Doms1:

The 4cu's are good for the money but if you can get demons for similar i would get those(more useful in protruding vertical placements..
needvert 05 Jul 2014
In reply to Doms1:

I like the totem cam design most. Most other things are just relatively minor variations on regular single or double axle designs.
 James90 05 Jul 2014
In reply to Doms1:

I haven't tried demons but i have a set of 4CU's.
I'm not the biggest fan of them they feel less secure and more prone top walking to me then other types of cam i have tried. Then again this vmight just be personal preference.
 Alpenglow 05 Jul 2014
In reply to Doms1:

Get demons over 4cu. The single stem is better in vertical placements and they will work better over time. I've seen countless old 4cus where the stems are a little twisted making the cam action not very smooth.
 sensibleken 09 Jul 2014
In reply to Doms1:

I don't know about demon cams but the double axle dragon cams are brilliant. They're definitely my favourite cam to use
 James90 09 Jul 2014
In reply to sensibleken:

Sensibleken i agree that the double axle is brilliant but from their its a choice between the dragon and the Camelot.

P.s if your buying a few i thing Joe browns were cheaper than needlesport last i checked.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...