UKC

Climbing & Camping Shops Around San Fransisco

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gfpowell 30 Jun 2014
Hi,

I'm headed out to Yosemite in September and would like to take avantage of favourable exchange rates/lower prices/etc and buy gear and camping equipment in the states.

Can anyone recommend any shops on the way to Yosemite from San Fransisco? I know this is a stretch but I'm working in Napa the week before so if anybody can recommend shops within a short drive of Napa that would be great (would give me something to do in the evening!).

Cheers
 Lenny 30 Jun 2014
In reply to gfpowell:

You could try REI, they have quite a few branches in the San Fran area.
 Mr Trebus 30 Jun 2014
In reply to gfpowell:

A pal that lives in San Fran got loads of good deals on TNF gear at their outlet store in Berkley. I believe it is where they sell all their sales samples. It was a few years ago. It might be worth a google.

Al
 Climber_Bill 30 Jun 2014
In reply to gfpowell:

We went to REI in San Fransisco on the way to Yosemite in 2010. It had really good choice and the prices were reasonable.

It was a bit tricky to find and park due to a one-way system so have a good look on the maps before driving there.

Rich.
cariva 30 Jun 2014
In reply to gfpowell:

I also suggest you go to the EastBay....Berkeley has the already mentioned TNF outlet which always has some good deals, and also close to TNF (a little further) on San Pablo Avenue you will find REI and Wilderness Exchange (one in front of the other). Wilderness Exchange also has some good deals with samples and that sort of thing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...