UKC

Cleaned routes at Black Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cheque 04 Jul 2014
I've been cleaning and gardening routes at Black Rocks recently.

Restored to their best are-

Lean Man's Climb
Lean Man's Superdirect
Central Buttress Chimney
Green Crack
Black Crack

Lesser routes around those areas have also had a bit of a spruce in the process.

All boulder problems on the Railway slab & boulder are also now climbable, even Edward, the (previously) really mossy one.

Have fun! More to come.
 Graham Booth 04 Jul 2014
In reply to cheque:

We'll done! This is really laudable and amazing such a quality crag in the peak is allowed to get so dirty
In reply to cheque:

Great job :0)
 Wft 04 Jul 2014
In reply to cheque:

nice one cheque
 Offwidth 05 Jul 2014
In reply to cheque:
My last visit was a while ago to check out the hammered rock from some nameless vandal. What on earth is going on that the railway boulders had got mossy...I've never seen them like that. Keep up the good work.
Post edited at 12:03
OP cheque 10 Jul 2014

Today I've done:

Lone Tree Groove
Lone Tree Gully

Started on the Queen's Parlour area too. This will take a while but I've pulled some huge bits of turf from the middle (surprising how many holds are under there!) and scrubbed the start(s). Also did some gardening around the left of the Sand Buttress (Stonnis Arête area)- no complete routes done but hopefully greenifying runoff wil be reduced.

It's worth mentioning that the whole of the North side is pretty much bone dry at the moment and quite a cool and pleasant place to be in the current heat!
Post edited at 20:21
 danm 10 Jul 2014
In reply to cheque:

Effort!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...