UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Win a pair of La Sportiva 'No Edge' Rock Shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 07 Jul 2014
La Sportiva Futura, 3 kbLa Sportiva has devised the revolutionary "No Edge" Technology: a construction method that allows for the elimination of "edges" on the sole of the shoe giving a more fluid, precise and harmonious climb. For a chance to win a pair of rock shoes featuring this technology simply answer the following question...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=6448
chalky.hands 07 Jul 2014
In reply to UKC Articles:

Would I be able to achieve roughly the same effect by sanding the edges off some shoes? Not trying to be condescending, just genuinely curious.
 1poundSOCKS 07 Jul 2014
In reply to chalky.hands:

No, you'd have a lot more money left.
 Alkis 08 Jul 2014
In reply to chalky.hands:
On the edges, yes, on the toe, no, as they use a single piece of rubber wrapped from the sole onto and over the toe for the rand in that area.

I have a pair, which I utterly love but that is mainly because of the fact that they fit me better than any shoe I have ever tried, I'm rather indifferent when it comes to the no-edge stuff. They smear better than other shoes I've had this tight but they edge worse, so what you'd expect really.
Post edited at 22:21
 Bulls Crack 09 Jul 2014

I believe this is the biggest step forward in the evolution of climbing -

Wow - now that's some claim!
 1poundSOCKS 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

I was thinking 'Wow - that's a load of b******s'.
 JLS 10 Jul 2014
In reply to Alkis:

"I have a pair, which I utterly love"

How thick is the rubber over the toe? I love Miuras but toe rand that they are putting on them these days is paper thin and consequently wears out pretty quickly.
 Alkis 20 Jul 2014
In reply to JLS:

The rand over the toe itself is an extension of the sole, so it is as thick as the sole itself, 3mm. The rest of the rand is typical thin rand, just over 1mm, maybe?
 JLS 20 Jul 2014
In reply to Alkis:

Sounds good in terms of wear for us toe draggers. Sounds like it might be worth giving them a go.

ro8x 20 Jul 2014

got some around 2 months ago. and I am a big fan, mainly as they fit me correctly!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...