UKC

Hoka running shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil1919 23 Jul 2014
If anyone who has knee problems perhaps due to ageing, if you haven't seen/tried them, Hoka shoes may be worth a go. They have a ridiculous amount of padding under the foot, and no doubt make the going easier. They are more stable than they look and can be used on rougher terrain. Quite expensive. I got mine for £110 reduced from £140.

Apologies if this has been covered before.
 steelbru 24 Jul 2014
In reply to Phil1919:

I've got a pair, wear them for my long runs ( 16+ ).
Only criticism in the past is that they are quite heavy, which is not that surprising when comparing them to "normal" shoes. really excited however to try the new Hoka Clifton which is just out in the US, should be here in a month or so, which is just 220g - that's the same as my Adidas Adios Boost race shoe ! This sounds like my marathon shoe of the future !
 Banned User 77 24 Jul 2014
In reply to steelbru:

I was amazed how light they were tbh.. I keep trying them on but haven't bought a pair.

I've just tried Scott for the first time, but am still mourning the demise of Adidas adizero edios.. the boost just are not at the same standard.

steelbru 24 Jul 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Still lots of the Adios 2 ( non Boost ) in the UK shops Iain, eg Wiggle, cheap too at £63
 Banned User 77 24 Jul 2014
In reply to steelbru:

yeah I've been picking the odd pair up over here.. just trying to find another shoe. I won the scotts at a race, so was trying them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...