UKC

Has anyone ever won anything from a UKC competition?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Merlin 25 Jul 2014

Just interested to know...
Post edited at 20:13
 deacondeacon 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Yep. I've won an exped rucksack. Then some quickdraws another time.
Away from ukc, just this year I've won two wild country tshirts, a tour of edale mountain rescue headquarters, £150 in climbing gear vouchers, a bmc hoody.
I tend to be a fairly 'lucky' person though. Won a tenner with some Doritos last week too.

Punching well above my weight with the wife too, I'm sure it'll all run out soon enough
 GwilymR 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

I won some Kouba Abalaks (on FB not UKC) and my brother won a DMM Void duffle bag on UKC
Clauso 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

I once won a competition on here where you were allowed to select your own prize, so I asked for Sloper's head on a mahogany mount. He hangs on the wall in the loo.
 nastyned 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Not me. Or any of the competitions in the BMC mag. Though I did win a book about beer history this week but I suspect there weren't many entrants.
 Tom Last 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Yep, won a compass and a down jacket that looks like a black ribbed condom, pretty sweet.
 Oceanic 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

I won a hat with a midge net attached.
 steve taylor 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Back in the early days, when there were fewer members, I won a couple of comps on here, including a tent and a couple of guides. More recently I've won a rucksac, a helmet and beanie.

I've won a few BMC comps too, but only when I've had to send in a photo or a climbing-related story. Same with Climber "Readers photo of the month".

BAdhoc 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Nothing on here, but won some kouba nuts on Facebook that came a few days ago. And they held my first lead fall today!
 Blue Straggler 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Yes, a chalkbag and a hot-off-the-press BMC Froggatt to Black Rocks guide.

Technically neither was the result of a "competition" (chalkbag was anyone who submitted a "My First Lead" article I think, and guidebook was a free draw of people who completed a survey, so KIND of a "competition" maybe ??)
 Bobling 26 Jul 2014
In reply to Clauso:

Class!
 Gazlynn 26 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

A Petzl Cap but I think everyone who entered won one.

Still nice though

cheers

Gaz
 tlm 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

I won a guidebook in a photo competition....

I also won a rope and belay device from on the edge magazine once...
 Chris the Tall 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Not on here, but on a couple of occasions have won Rockfax guidebooks at the BMC peak area quiz. I felt a bit sheepish cos I was on the same team as Alan, and had got a lift off him !!
 Al Evans 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:

I won a rope on Wikitopo.
 Clarence 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

I won £2 on a scratchcard once and that is all I have ever won due to chance in my life. Looks like deacondeacon has pinched most of my luck...
 Offwidth 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Clauso:

I always suspected if you cut it off another one would grow back.
 Al Evans 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Sadly my body has given up climbing, any worthy cause living in Sheffield need an unused rope, it is being kept in store for me by Jack Street, there's other stuff too but I'd prefer it to go to a student or a newby or somebody on their beam ends and out of work. e-mail me if you want it and I'll choose a cause and give you the address to pick it up from and instructions to Jack and how to get to his house (it's possible on public transport, near Meadowhead).
 Al Evans 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

Prize gone to Blizzard.
 Noelle 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Many moons ago, a UKC t-shirt. I think it was from a questionnaire prize draw. It's massive on me but I still sleep in it when camping. Every time I wear it, someone will usually run up to me and say "I used to have one of those".
 Mooncat 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

I won a chalkbag and on a separate occasion a Prana hat, it was my lucky hat for a while but I've a newer luckier hat now.
In reply to Merlin:

won a guidebook a few years ago. Still never used it...
 rockwing 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Not UKC, but an advert in BMC magazine for Dream Guides, won a 4-day trip to S. France. Booked it, then they said the instructor who was leading the trip hurt his back and then the emails started to dry up until they just stopped responding...
 Wingnut 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

A chalk bag and a midge hat.
 Ciderslider 28 Jul 2014
In reply to deacondeacon:

I feel the same m8 - two life ticks within a month although I've not won anything from ukc
 mattrm 28 Jul 2014
In reply to lewismansell:

> Not UKC, but an advert in BMC magazine for Dream Guides, won a 4-day trip to S. France. Booked it, then they said the instructor who was leading the trip hurt his back and then the emails started to dry up until they just stopped responding...

That's Kenton Cool's company isn't it? That's very poor form on their part.
 Al Evans 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Did you get my e-mail Blizzard?
In reply to Merlin:

Not a sausage.

But they don't do sausage competitions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...