UKC

bad weather itinarary for chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blackcat 26 Jul 2014
Hi any suggestions when we cant get into the mountains,cheers.
In reply to blackcat:

Dry tooling at Le Fayet?
 jon 26 Jul 2014
In reply to blackcat:

Drive through the tunnel: http://meteo.regione.vda.it/en
Ken_Chamonix 28 Jul 2014
In reply to blackcat:

If you play ice hockey, go to Leysin in Switzerland (an hour and fifteen minutes' drive from Chamonix). Hockey players are welcome during public sessions... I'm driving there tomorrow
 alasdair19 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Ken_Chamonix:

you'll get a rally badge if you do it in an hour 15... nice place though.
 Kid Spatula 28 Jul 2014
In reply to blackcat:

I went canyoning in Annecy last year. About 90 euros for a full day and it was awesome.
 MG 28 Jul 2014
In reply to jon:

> Drive through the tunnel: http://meteo.regione.vda.it/en

Sound advice. Aostan rain (as with all things) is considered by Aostans to be vastly superior to French (or indeed Italian) rain. Driving through the tunnel will enable to see this truth for yourself.
 jon 28 Jul 2014
In reply to MG:

Hmmm, the day that I posted that it was pissing down in Cham but the VdA meteo showed a big round sun (OK with a small cloud...). I'd guess that by carrying on down to Arnad/Machaby, it would have been perfect - hot and sunny wth a northerly fohn keeping it bearable...!

Simon4 28 Jul 2014
In reply to MG:

> Aostan rain (as with all things) is considered by Aostans to be vastly superior to French

Personally I always find bad weather and conditions in Italy to be much more friendly and laid back than French bad weather and conditions. The dangerous separate layer of snow above old ice is still menacing, but in an easy-going, rough and ready sort of menacing. Similarly heavy snow, strong winds and zero visibility is much more supportive high on Italian mountains than on those nasty French spikes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...