UKC

Poor Southampton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andymac 26 Jul 2014
The Prem big boys are now fighting over the remaining bones.

Guess its fair to say they are now officially a feeder club.

Keoman will have his work cut out this season
 jezb1 27 Jul 2014
In reply to andymac:

We're done for next season, after such a strong year it's a real shame, Championship here we come.
 Banned User 77 27 Jul 2014
In reply to andymac:

Where did they get their players from?

Everton try this line.. all clubs poach lower clubs.. Jags, Cahill.. United and City take their players and there is hell to play..

I think they will be OK, taken many millions, they were always going to be a selling club, 30 million for shaw was a hell of a price for someone with 1-2 caps and barely 50 senior games..

Its how money distributes through the game. This is English talent getting the opportunity to be at the Champions leave level, we should welcome it.. if not we'd be criticising those teams for buying from abroad..
 jezb1 27 Jul 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I don't see it like that in this case, if we'd have kept our manager and bought a couple more players we could have been in with a European shout this coming season.

Some players have said they left because they saw the manager leaving as a bad sign, and they were right.

I've lost count of how many players have gone, far more than the expected one or two on a normal transfer window.
In reply to andymac:

So Shaw came through their system..

Lovren, bought in..
Lambert.. bought in..
Schneiderlin.. bought in..

Lallana poached from Bournemouth

They do well, get young, or buy from lower teams and develop.. all United, Liverpool and Arsenal have done is bought their young and look to further develop..

Any club outside of the top 5 are feeder club, but likewise we all feed Barca or Madrid..

In reply to jezb1:

Really?

United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Spurs, Everton..

You finished 8th.. 8 points off a dismal Man Utd.. you may, at best have made, or make UEFA.. without 100's of millions you weren't getting CL football..

Last season was a weak season. Spurs and Man Utd were poor.. TBH most teams were which made it so good.

I think you've lost Shaw, Lallana, Lambert, Lovren so far.. and possibly Schneiderlin to go..

30 million for Shaw is a great price, Lambert is getting on…
 jezb1 27 Jul 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I didn't say CL, Europe.

Great start to the season, faded later on due to some very close results and probably lack of depth.

Plus Chambers, Rodriguez and Osvaldo all probably about to leave...

andymac 27 Jul 2014
In reply to andymac:

Must be easily half last seasons first team now gone ,with a few more to follow.

If Rodriguez hadn't been injured ,he would have been one of the first players to be gone.

Players have gone for good money ,which is good ,because without being harsh ,I don't really see Lallana as a £25m player.

And Shaw .well time will tell .but I reckon he now has a lot to live up to.

In reply to jezb1:

You were still a long way of Europa.. which tbh often kills a team the next season anyway.. and that was a poor Man U team.

It still doesn't change that Southampton do exactly what Andy is complaining about. So do Everton..

All clubs do.. its how football works and it is actually a good thing because that is how money gets distributed through the leagues.

Rodruiguez was picked up from Burnley..

Over a season you can't pick close defeats.. they go either way.

Everton moan like hell about this yet have done it themselves for years, plus had they not sold a chunk of players for stupid money they'd not be where they are now… Moyes kept that club alive.. but they had to be a selling club.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...