UKC

Dry tooling training with Figfour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MaranaF 26 Jul 2014
Does anyone know of any walls that have these and have routes set for them?

https://www.alpkit.com/products/figfour
 woollardjt 27 Jul 2014
In reply to MaranaF:

Undercover rock in Bristol used to let me use them. Although I haven't been there in ages.
OP MaranaF 27 Jul 2014
In reply to woollardjt:

Ahh thanks for that, I will ask next time I'm there!

... but is that it, is no one else interested in dry tooling?
 Dave Ferguson 27 Jul 2014
In reply to MaranaF:
> (In reply to woollardjt)
>
>
> ... but is that it, is no one else interested in dry tooling?

nope

OP MaranaF 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Dave Ferguson:

thanks for clarifying that Dave!
 woollardjt 28 Jul 2014
In reply to MaranaF:
There were a few posts about the figfour a while back. I enjoy using them, makes a trip to the wall a bit less monotonous

I did find walls weren't interested in setting routes for them and for me locally undercover rock was the only one to allow there use, haven't asked at redpoint. At lot of walls probably aren't happy with the added potentially risk with them. Although alpkit provide a full H&S risk assessment for their use for climbing walls.
Post edited at 10:07
 Kenny Stocker 31 Jul 2014
In reply to MaranaF:

Rokt have one of their silos dedicated to Figfour, at least they did the last time I was there. I know that they have been used at The Westway, The Castle, Nottingham Climbing Centre, The Cragg, Indy, Dynamic Rock, Foundry, Dart Rock, Redpoint, The Beacon, Undercover Rock.. that list is not definitive but its a start.
 Fraser 31 Jul 2014
In reply to MaranaF:

Ratho used to have a facility to use them a while ago but I'm not sure if they still do.
 eltankos 31 Jul 2014
In reply to MaranaF:

Check the schmoolz website, they are very similar to the figfours and had a list of walls that are schmoolz friendly (presumably also figfour friendly) on their website.
OP MaranaF 31 Jul 2014
In reply to MaranaF:

you lot are amazing!

Thank you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...