UKC

Camping near Bosigran

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dred 30 Jul 2014
Can anyone recommend cheap n cheerful, dog friendly camping near Bosigran.
Thanks.
 Iain Peters 31 Jul 2014
In reply to Dred:

Just 1 mile up the road towards Pendeen from the CC hut, the Count House. Basic farm site on the L. Just turn up and pitch. £2pn adults and £1 for kids. They have firepits for BBQs and will sell wood. Very friendly.
In reply to Dred:

I stayed in Kelynack Caravan Park. Nice, and 20mins drive from Bosigran, 15 mins from Sennen
 mbh 31 Jul 2014
In reply to Iain Peters:

Seconded.
 ianlaw 31 Jul 2014
In reply to Iain Peters:

Any name or details? That sounds perfect for my situation too.
 Merlin 31 Jul 2014
In reply to Dred:

This place in Pendeen (10mis past Bosi): http://www.thenorthinnpendeen.co.uk

Very simple field at the back of the pub, pay for camping at the bar at your leisure (£5 per night pp). Toilets and showers etc at the back of the pub are ideal. The campsite is always quiet as it's off the beaten track. And, the cafe' in the village is perfect!
 mbh 31 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

My family stayed there a few years ago, one year when we failed to book anything else. The kids loved it and we had a good time.
 mbh 31 Jul 2014
In reply to ianlaw:
The one I am thinking of is a field at the corner opposite the village of Morvah. We didn't actually stay there, just left our car there overnight while we walked the coast path. It's very basic, with a toilet cubicle (you can see these on the aerial photo, by the hedge), and there were just a few people camping there when we turned up. I can't believe it would ever be booked up, or even that you would normally book.

Sorry, but I can't find the name of it. There must have been a sign at the gate with a phone number though, because we phoned to ask if it would be OK to park, and left some money in the bucket for the things for cleaning the toilet. They were very friendly on the phone.
Post edited at 13:52
OP Dred 31 Jul 2014
In reply to Dred:

Amazing, thanks for your suggestions folks. Think we gonna keep it basic for the first night. cheers Iain, weathers looking a little moist for the weekend , but i'm sure we can have some fun.
 Merlin 31 Jul 2014
In reply to mbh:

It's ideal, I've used it a lot this summer. Hassle free - just rock up and pitch!
 Skipinder 31 Jul 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Thanks for that link
 Iain Peters 01 Aug 2014
In reply to ianlaw:

Can't help you there, but it's very informal. You just turn up, pitch and they'll find you! Usually plenty of space as the site covers two large fields.
 mbh 07 Aug 2014
In reply to Lawrence:

Could be, sorry, I don't know any more, I've lost the number that we rang. The field where we left our car and where people were camping was on the B3306 itself, with an entrance on the bend just to the right of Morvah, which is that little collection of houses by the bus stop.

Give them a ring and find out!
OP Dred 09 Aug 2014
In reply to Lawrence:

This is the one you want: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.1600931,-5.6375843,269m/data=!3m1!1e3
easy to find, drive on b3306 through morvah. on sharp bend, massive handwritten sign saying CAMPING. £2 per person, £1 for dogs. Ideal spot, 2 flushing loos with washbasins and a tap.
 Skipinder 09 Aug 2014
In reply to Dred:

Cheers for that
 ianlaw 17 Aug 2014
In reply to Merlin:

Great recommendation, thanks. Stayed at the North Inn in Pendeen on Thursday, nice campsite. Saw the £2 one in Morvah too as we drove past. The extra few quid a night is worth it at North Inn as you are next to the pub.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...