UKC

Climber dies after Tremadog fall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 3 Names 07 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

Sad news
 y2keable 07 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

Fübar

My thoughts to his family and friends
 Bob Hassall 07 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

Sad bad news. Now running on BBC most popular stories, people do love the bad news stories.

Hope everyone else involved is okay and coming to terms with the tragedy.

Luke_G 07 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

Does anyone know who it was? Condolences to family and friends.
 JuanTinco 07 Aug 2014
In reply to Luke_G:

Probably a bit early to name on a public forum this soon after the accident..
 Blake 07 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

If Hard Severe is your limit, I certainly wouldn't recommend this route. Very sad to hear about this, we all know climbing can be high stakes, but it doesn't make it any easier to hear things like this.
 marie 07 Aug 2014
In reply to Luke_G:

Devastated to hear about the death of Keith Waddell. RIP mate x
 lithos 07 Aug 2014
named on BBC.

shit I knew and climbed with Keith
 pebbles 07 Aug 2014
In reply to lithos:

shit me too! so sorry to hear this.
 Crofty 07 Aug 2014
In reply to pebbles: Along with Lithos and Pebbles I also knew Keith and last climbed at Gogarth with him several years ago,a terrible loss. RIP Keith
 Diggler 07 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

Very sad

RIP
 brockers 07 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

I knew and climbed with Kieth too. A sad loss. He was a good president of Leeds Mountaineering Club and he will be well missed by those of us are and were members. My heart goes out to his family. HS certainly was not the limit of what he could climb or of his experience of mountaineering in general.
Rest in peace my friend.

Brockers
 Rubbishy 07 Aug 2014
In reply to marie

He was a cracking chap. Evertime I wandered into the Clach or the DG or Vaynol he was there. He had spoke a lot of sense to me at a time when I needed someone to talk sense into me.

Bugger must have been stalking me.

He had an easy laugh and a wicked sense of humour. You'll be much missed. Apart from by the penguins.

The rumours of penguin fiddling never really went away.

Dan-gerMouse 07 Aug 2014
Very sad. Keith was a great guy. He was my scout leader 1999-2002(?) And put a lot of time into making our youth valuable and rewarding. Its probably due to him and a few influential others why I love the outdoors and climb now. Its brought me some of my best experiences and I'll be forever indebted to him for helping me discover the great outdoors.

RIP
 Howard J 07 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

I climbed with Keith in the Alps and in Scotland - a great bloke. Can't believe this - very sad. Condolences to family and friends.
 The Bantam 07 Aug 2014
In reply to marie:

Oh no! Brilliant, kind hearted and generous guy. So sad news. Thought are with his family and friends. Will be missed.
grumpytramp 07 Aug 2014
Still very very numb at the news.

Keith was one of my closest friends for well over 40 years. My formative years were spent in his company either at school, in the scouts, in the hills, on the crags, at gigs/festivals, in the pub or just simply blethering.

My life was enriched by his friendship and I will miss him terribly.

Rob Naylor 08 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:
Tremendously sad news about Keith. I met him on a couple of UKC Scottish winter meets and occasionally elsewhere. A wonderful bloke, and a laugh a minute. Kept my spirits up with his constant banter on one of the wettest walks I've ever done.

RIP mate.
Post edited at 01:20
 Banned User 77 08 Aug 2014
In reply to Rob Naylor:

Just realized who he was... Gutted, always came over a top guy..
 Owen W-G 08 Aug 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I was at Tremadog on tues and we saw a team on valeries rib as we were heading back to the car at around 6.30, accident must have happened just after. Very sad and sobering to read this this morning.
 mattrm 08 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

Didn't know Keith at all. But he sounds like a nice guy. Very sad. My condolences to all his friends on here. RIP Keith.
 Wingnut 08 Aug 2014
In reply to Rob Naylor:

Seconded. He always came across as being a thoroughly good bloke.

RIP. :
In reply to mattrm:
> (In reply to nclarey)
>
> Didn't know Keith at all. But he sounds like a nice guy. Very sad. My condolences to all his friends on here. RIP Keith.

My sentiments exactly, RIP Keith.
 Doghouse 08 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

I shared a tent with Keith in Tien Shian - a top bloke. RIP my friend.
 tom84 08 Aug 2014
In reply to nclarey:

never met him, but by the sounds of things was a cracking guy- condolences to all that knew him

tom
 chrishedgehog 10 Aug 2014
Just heard. What a loss. I honestly don't think I have ever met a nicer or more complete person. Lovely memories of Pembroke when the Land Rover's trailer unhitched on an 'A' road, or the trouble we got in eating really crumbly baguettes in the back of someone else's very clean car... and slide shows at the Adelphi with tall tales of expedition cooks being attacked with knives and other everyday mountaineering episodes... What a loss. C

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...