UKC

Winter boots for massive feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kerm 11 Aug 2014
Hi. I am after some size 14 winter boots for the likesof Mont Blanc etc.

Can't seem to find any in my size.

Please help!

Thanks

Ant
 MG 11 Aug 2014
In reply to Kerm:
Needlesports have La Sportiva Nepals up to size 50 in stock, which is about your only option if you really need size 14 and stiff boots (I have three pairs in case they stop doing them!!). Meindl do some boots up 14 (and larger) but not stiff ones. Some other manufacturers (e.g Hanwag) go up to about 13/49.
Post edited at 09:08
 Fruit 11 Aug 2014
In reply to MG:
Glad to hear there are more of us flipper footted mountaineers, I went down the same route at needlesports.

I hear Salewa are also possibly making 49/50 but still no sign of it in stockists.

Cheers
 MG 11 Aug 2014
In reply to Fruit:

If you need ski touring boots, Scarpa Maestrales are available up to size 33, despite what the UK website says. They UK stockist also had a pair on the shelf.
lostcat 11 Aug 2014
In reply to Kerm:

Scarpa do the Manta Pro in size 50. Have a look on the Mountain Boot Company website.
 jezb1 11 Aug 2014
In reply to Kerm:

Blimey, I struggle with 47-48 sizes, 14s must be tricky to source.
 llanberis36 11 Aug 2014
In reply to Kerm:

I have fairly big feet and wear a pair of Boreal G2, the purple ones,double boots, in winter, lovely and warm, climb on rock surprisingly well, and have I said warm.....
OP Kerm 11 Aug 2014
In reply to Kerm:

I've just looked at the Nepal extremes. It's a shame the larger sized ones are more expensive, but I guess they use more material. Is there a needles ports in somerset.....
Ha
 Fruit 12 Aug 2014
In reply to Kerm:

I got them to send a 49 and a 50 so I could try both, they were cool with that, just cost me the return postage, cheaper than a drive to Keswick.
 Fruit 12 Aug 2014
In reply to MG:

Interesting cheers, got a link to the stockist please?
Cheers
 MG 12 Aug 2014
In reply to Fruit:

I got them through backcountryUK, who were very helpful and did sale or return for me on them.

http://www.backcountryuk.com/backcountry--ski--shop-14-c.asp
 dek 12 Aug 2014
In reply to MG:

> Needlesports have La Sportiva Nepals up to size 50 in stock, which is about your only option if you really need size 14 and stiff boots (I have three pairs in case they stop doing them!!). Meindl do some boots up 14 (and larger) but not stiff ones. Some other manufacturers (e.g Hanwag) go up to about 13/49.

3 Pairs?!....Thats a Flotilla!

What crampon set up are you using?
 MG 12 Aug 2014
In reply to dek:

G12s with an extension bar. Seem fine generally but my first pair of Nepals are getting a bit soft now and I have had one fall off a couple of times in the past year.
 MG 12 Aug 2014
In reply to dek:

> 3 Pairs?!....Thats a Flotilla!

With three pairs of ski boots and assorted other footware my cupboard does look a bit like a boot warehouse!

Top tip: Full bottles of wine/spritis fit in each Nepal size 50 boot so they are protected from aircraft baggage handlers!
 dek 12 Aug 2014
In reply to MG:

Do you think the stiffening shank eventually goes? I've had this happen on old scarpas in the past!
 MG 12 Aug 2014
In reply to dek:

> Do you think the stiffening shank eventually goes? I've had this happen on old scarpas in the past!

Possibly, or the stiffness is provided by a combination of the shank and leather and the leather softens over time. Of course large boots are inherently less stiff anyway.
 Fruit 12 Aug 2014
In reply to MG:
Thank you
 dek 12 Aug 2014
In reply to MG:

> Possibly, or the stiffness is provided by a combination of the shank and leather and the leather softens over time. Of course large boots are inherently less stiff anyway.

Have you ever found a trail/approach shoe in those kind of sizes?
Jane Doe-Smith 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Kerm:

Lowa makes the Civetta plastic boot in sizes up to 16US (15/15.5UK?), if they meet your needs.

http://www.lowaboots.com/catalog/civetta-gtx-extreme/1134003099/1

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...