UKC

Waen-oer Ridge snowdonia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
daniele1272 17 Aug 2014
Hello everyone I am new to all this but have signed up for the ml scheme so need to get a good few mountain walks the ones that learn me as much as possible the better was thinking snowdonia the walk in the title preferably so anyone done this in the past an any advice
 scott titt 17 Aug 2014
In reply to daniele1272:
Either:-
A lamb has jumped into the tiger enclosure
Or:-
A troll has just crawled out from under the bridge

daniele1272 19 Aug 2014
In reply to daniele1272:

Why is it on these forums people just judge get a grip I have trekked in Indonesia coata rica and the attempted solo climb in glass house mountains in queensland I am just after information because i am simply looking to make expedition a career choice help an info is all I need so either give it or dont comment you moron

So a lamb in with the lions then
 GrahamUney 19 Aug 2014
In reply to daniele1272:

If you're seriously looking at entering the ML scheme you might want to try planning your own route using the relevant OS map. Route planning is a big part of the ML.
 lone 19 Aug 2014
In reply to daniele1272:

Hi Daniele

Yes the ridge is a good one to do, I started from Aberllefenni when I did it and make your way up through the forest to Waun-oer, a good idea to also do Cribin Fawr, Craig Portas and Maesglase and return to Craig Portas then pick up Mynydd Dolgoed back to Aberllefenni.

Its a good day out in the hills with around 3500ft of ascent.

Jase
 spartacus 19 Aug 2014
In reply to daniele1272:
Hi Daniele
The Waen-oer Ridge is a great walk away from the usual honey pots to the North. I think your question needs to be a bit more specific. Information about ML qualifications is freely available on the net.
I think most on this forum would have difficulty helping with such a general enquiry, coupled with the fact that spelling errors and a complete lack of punctuation will give suspicion that you are trolling.

Trangia 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Aztec Bar:

Plus 1

Coupled with the lack of a sense of humour and aggressive response

Well done to you and Lone for being able to understand the request and not rising to the bait.
 malky_c 19 Aug 2014
In reply to daniele1272:

I'd start near Dinas Mawddwy and go up via the waterfalls on Craig Maesglase. Then cross the A470 at Bwlch Oerddrws and return via Glasgwm to the north. Did this (carrying on to Aran Fawddwy as well) a couple of years ago - great area and fairly quiet.
daniele1272 19 Aug 2014
In reply to daniele1272:

Ok thanks for the replies people, and yes the ml qualifications is easily available but you have got to have 20 mountain days uk specifically they said. Thank you again in appreciate it and ill have a look at the other routes mentioned and decide on one. And I am doing this so I can attend the expedition training available from world challenge organisation.
 Andrew Holden 19 Aug 2014
In reply to scott titt:

Not very helpful from a BMC representative

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...