UKC

Newsflash: Kafoozalem climbs Rainbow Bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Brian H 17 Aug 2014
After numerous attempts over many years, and having given useful beta to lots of other successful ascentionists, Pete today has finally climbed Rainbow Bridge. So best avoid him for the next few days(weeks?) - he'll be insufferable Well done Pete!
 Tom Last 17 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Excellent, well done Pete!
 tomrainbow 18 Aug 2014
In reply to Tom Last: Nice one Pete...good to see you're taking your guidebook writing duties seriously. Soft Cell next then!

The Pylon King 18 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

He's da man!
 Iain Peters 18 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Pete: now that you have successfully completed your apprenticeship on the soft, sunny, southern shores of the Shire, you are almost ready for the challenges to the north, namely the Exmoor Coast Traverse, Trebarwith Strand to Backways Cove or even, now that you are a Real Man, the, as yet unclimbed, sea traverses of Tintagel and Carn Gowla, America Buttress to Red Walls via the Black Walls. Go for it!
 Mike_Hayes 18 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Nice one Pete
 francois 18 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Nicely done! I'll have to get back on it sometime soon.
 David Coley 18 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Well done!
 Andy Hemsted 18 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Great Stuff, Young Man! How many times do you think that you went into the water over the years of trying?
 jayjackson 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Nice one Pete
 franksnb 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Nice one!
In reply to Brian H:

Nice one Pete!
 Sean Kelly 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Congrats Pete!
 Misha 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Pete, I was surprised when you said you hadn't managed the crux move a few times - well now you have, well done!
 Kafoozalem 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Ha ha! Thank you all - I feel quite humbled by such a generous response.
Well technically the campaign began 26 years ago with a trad attempt with Dave Turnbull in wettish conditions. I mutinied on pitch 6 because the potential pendulums were way more dangerous than soloing.

My DWS attempts began in 2008 but with no serious thoughts of doing the crux. Over the years I have had many brilliant days out on various bits of the route but it has only been the last couple of years that I started trying the crux. I guess I have splashed down about eight times, usually with Ken Palmer who politely managed to stifle his laughter.

Well it went down on Sunday with Brian (thanks mate) without mishap despite a heavy shower on part two. We even did the dangerous "dry" finish onto Terminal Zawn Ledges.

Kafoozalem 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Iain Peters:

All sounds rather daunting Iain - maybe I'll opt for Wizard of Oz instead.
 jon 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Kafoozalem:

So does that mean Brian did it too?
 Kafoozalem 19 Aug 2014
In reply to jon:

Hi Jon. He cruised it in his usual calm style - his second ascent. I guided him on that one - from the water
OP Brian H 19 Aug 2014
In reply to jon:

> So does that mean Brian did it too?

Cheek.
 jon 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Brian H:

No, it was a genuine question. Your post made no mention of you being there. The first inkling I got that Pete wasn't alone was from him. So my question 'So does that mean Brian did it too?' wasn't at all sarcastic - quite the opposite in fact as I thought you were being very modest in giving Pete all the glory!
OP Brian H 20 Aug 2014
In reply to jon:

Hi Jon

My comment was tongue-in-cheek as I didn't really think you were being sarcastic - hard to judge tone from a posting!
 Dan 85 08 Sep 2014
In reply to Kafoozalem:

Well done on the crux! Good to chat to you mid route!
 purple sue 08 Sep 2014
In reply to Brian H & Pete:

Ha Ha. Great post; just seen this when I'm supposed to be working. How did I miss this tongue in cheek publicity.
Congratulations to the both of Ya!

The Ivanator 08 Sep 2014
In reply to Brian H:

Picked a good weekend for it, well done guys!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...