UKC

Ticklists - who's done what?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 29 Aug 2014
An idle moment can be filled by browsing the UKC Ticklists. The interest could be increased if say the top ten or twenty people (in terms of percentage ticked) who have subscribed to a list were listed somewhere. Or perhaps it's there already but I haven't found it.
 lithos 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

there's a ton of niceties that need doing on the logbooks (like when you tick a climb in your wishlist - it's a pain to remove it) THink they have a long list for logbook updates but its not their top priority ATM
 petegunn 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Ive completed 2 out of the 20ish lists i have on here, one taking 8 months the other 9 years.
Haven't yet completed my own added lists but 2 are at 84% so nearly there.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

As a one time fanatic I have done many more routes than I have logged - I didn't start using the logbooks until I had almost stopped climbing.

For example I believe I have done 499 of the Eastern Grit Top 500 but only have 218 currently ticked,

Chris
OP Rog Wilko 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Chris Craggs:

That's a bit like Nibali winning the Tour de France when Froome and Contador were out of it! You can only beat the people who are there! :oD

Not that it's a competition, of course!

I can remember it taking me months to fill out my logbook when I decided I would do it. It suddenly seemed a really easy way to keep a record for my own interest.

Rog
 Bob 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I've got three where I'm one route short The easiest one to complete will be The Tremadog Vs where I've got Valerie's Rib to do. The other two lists are Classic Wilton Workout and Safe Lakes E2/3s.
 ericinbristol 29 Aug 2014

Wow. What's the one you haven't done?
 lithos 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Rog Wilko:

BTW i have completed 1 of about 20 lists but many of them are private i make for a trip
and some just idle curosity so have done 0 or few (helps find the lists)
In reply to ericinbristol:

> Wow. What's the one you haven't done?

I'll give you one guess

Chris
OP Rog Wilko 29 Aug 2014
In reply to lithos:

I too have only completed one, and it's the massively unimpressive Top 23 UKC Climbed Climbs. But still, only 23 other people are shown as having done it.
I've only done 60% of my own Rog Wilko's Neglected Gems in The Lakes, but since only 13 have subscribed to it and it includes a lot of esoterica it's no wonder no-one has completed it.
Otherwise I've only ticked 75%+ of 3 lists.
 ericinbristol 29 Aug 2014

Eota ...
In reply to ericinbristol:

> Eota ...

In one!!!

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...