UKC

INTERVIEW: Shauna Coxsey on Comps & the WCS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 04 Sep 2014
Shauna Coxsey competing in the IFSC Laval Semi-Finals 2014, 4 kbShauna Coxsey is Britain's leading light in competition climbing, with two IFSC Gold medals to her name, placing 2nd overall in the World Cup.

In addition to this she was the first British woman to climb a problem of font 8B+ difficulty, when she climbed New Base Line in Switzerland earlier this year.

In this interview, Claire Carter asks her about her competition success, what climbing outdoors means to her and what motivates her to organise the Women's Climbing Symposium...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=6636
 Steve nevers 05 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Articles:

Nice interview, although minor pint but it think Shaunas actually the 3rd woman to climb 8B+. Just not to ignore the other ladies.
 jsmcfarland 05 Sep 2014
In reply to Steve nevers:

The article says she was the first british woman to climb the grade?
 Steve nevers 05 Sep 2014
In reply to jsmcfarland:

theres a bit in one of the questions which is 'so your the second woman to climb 8B+'.

an amazing achievement not to be snubbed but i'm sure that she'd not want the other ladies efforts overlooked.

Don't get me wrong Shaunas incredible.
 jsmcfarland 06 Sep 2014

In reply to UKC Articles:

Still don't understand your point. She is the second woman in the world to climb 8b+ and the first british woman, both of which are mentioned in the article.

How is that overlooking what anyone else is doing?.......
 Steve nevers 06 Sep 2014
In reply to jsmcfarland:

She is the second woman in the world to climb 8b+

No, she isn't.

1st. Tomoko Ogawa.
2nd. Ashima Shiraishi.
3rd. Shauna Coxsey.
also Alex Puccio became the 4th.

So the same obvious point i made in my first post. I know the article states Shaunas the 2nd woman to climb 8B+, the article is mistaken.

so to clarify: Shanua Coxsey, 1st British woman to climb that grade, 3rd woman in the world to achieve that. Outstanding effort by them all.
 clairejane 07 Sep 2014

You are quite right, apologies, slip of the finger (blame the alliteration), poor journalism.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/shauna-coxsey-sets-a-new-baseline

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...