UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Alpine Exposures Photo Book by Jonathan Griffith

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 09 Sep 2014
Alpine Exposures Photo Book - Cover, 4 kbTo many UKC users Jon Griffith will need little or no introduction. Over the past few years Jon's stunning photography has featured heavily throughout the site, regularly achieving the Photo of the Week and currently occupying the No.1 spot in our Photo Galleries.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=6650
 Tuborg 12 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Articles:

Magical Photos.
 Jon Griffith 12 Sep 2014
In reply to Tuborg:

Thanks Tuborg, and thanks all for the support. We broke through the start up amount last night but the book actually costs almost double to make so any extra purchases from now on are still really appreciated!

Jon
 sbc_10 13 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Articles:

The glacial ice cave photo is mesmerising. I still can't work out what or how.
Good luck with the book, I think we all aspire to take even one shot like this in a lifetime.
 Greenbanks 13 Sep 2014
In reply to sbc_10:

Brilliant. I want it on my library shelf.
 Greenbanks 13 Sep 2014
In reply to Greenbanks:

Mind you - just looked at the £££££
 Marcusk 16 Sep 2014
In reply to Jon Griffith:

This is now closed to purchase - how do I go about buying a copy?
 Simon4 16 Sep 2014

It looks superb Jon (rather as I would expect), but it really is a lot of money.
 galpinos 16 Sep 2014
In reply to Marcusk:
> (In reply to Jon Griffith)
>
> This is now closed to purchase - how do I go about buying a copy?

I'll second that, how do I order one?
 Jon Griffith 16 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC Articles: Thanks all!

Big coffee table books are pretty expensive to print and produce, and I'm fronting up all the costs. From looking at what is on the market now in the same format £35 is a pretty spot on price I thought? Plus at the current rate this book is actually even bigger than first thought! But for me it's really important to make it just right- its a synopsis of a decade of hard work and so far I'm really proud of how its looking.

I will submit a new payment page on my site in the next week or so as any upfront support is hugely appreciated at this point!

Thanks again for you support
J

James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 16 Sep 2014

Congratulations on the book Jon, I hope it sells well.
 Marcusk 16 Sep 2014

Thanks Jon, I'll keep my eye out for the page.
As an aside I think £35 is more than reasonable for a book of this quality and well within keeping of other similar books (if not cheaper tbh)
M.
 Fraser 16 Sep 2014

What a fantastic sample of photos. Well worth the price I'd say! Good luck with the sales.
 Doug 16 Sep 2014

Price seems pretty average for this style of book (how much did Peak Rock cost ?). Will it be in French bookshops once published ?
 d508934 16 Sep 2014

Jon, what sort of print run are you thinking of? this will definitely be on my xmas list but may be sold out by then!
 Jon Griffith 18 Sep 2014

There is a new pre-order page now on my website. I've also added some more extracts from the book to show how it's shaping up

http://www.alpineexposures.com/pages/explore-the-european-alps-like-never-b...

The first print run will be pretty small just to test the water and see what demand is like. I will not have time to run a second one before Christmas unfortunately but any orders placed now will obviously be fulfilled and shipped out as part of the first print run. We hope to have it shipped start to mid November.

Thanks for the support!
Jon
 tony 18 Sep 2014

Gosh, but there are beautiful pictures there. I think I know what's on my Christmas list.
 Simon4 18 Sep 2014

Well maybe I WILL for once have an answer to the perennial question "what would you like for Christmas".

breathtaking, Jon. another christmas list here...

gregor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...