UKC

Yorkshire Gritstone Volume 2 question...again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Maddie 23 Sep 2014
Hi, this seems to have come up a few times before so dont want to sound tooooo impatient, but having just moved to Todmorden and not knowing much about the local crags I am infact, incredibly impatient.

Anyone know if the "in time for Christmas" murmurings on the old threads are still the plan?
Thanks!
 robin mueller 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Maddie:

Not sure about the Yorkshire grit, but the lancashire bouldering guide will be out very soon and contains loads of new bouldering around Todmorden.
 PontiusPirate 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Maddie:

People move to Todmorden!?

Seriously: I've not heard anything to the contrary of the "in time for Christmas" rumours, but I've not heard anything else definite in support either. Lots of recent developments in your neck-of-the-woods, which has delayed things.

Lancs bouldering is nearby in the meantime... plus there are quite of few very active locals - there's a Calderdale climbing facebook page which may be of value to you if you require a local 'guide'.

PP.
 Rich0777 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Maddie:

… yes, 'in time for Xmas' is still on - mid November I reckon...
 PontiusPirate 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Richard Wheeldon:

Blimey Richard, have you been roped in as well!?

PP.
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Looks great, can't wait for it to come out - gives me a good excuse to make the journey north!
Anonymous 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Maddie:

I really do hope they put a proper profile of Pete Livesey which i don't believe they have

Spearheaded wall training at Bradford Uni
Wellington Crack
Ilkley college legacy
trained on Yorkshire grit to be able to perform around the UK World
Tried New Statesman in 70s
Blind Valley
Walkers Crookrise

danm 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Anonymous:

Well psyched for this guidebook. If I want to know about Livesey (and who doesn't, he was a legend) I'll read Fast and Free.
 Simon Caldwell 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Anonymous:

I'vce no idea if there's a profile of Livesey in or not, but it's already 750 pages long, it's impossible to include everything!
Anonymous 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Maddie:

Just buy the old one. Cheaper, more mobile - not too heavy or large to get to the crag, has all the good stuff in and none of the scrappy rubbish.
 chalkyjim 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Anonymous:

Not biting
 Offwidth 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Anonymous:

You mean reference 15 on here?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Some_Gritstone_Climbs

OP Maddie 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Maddie:

Cheers guys, I'll definitely be getting it as soon as its out. And yes, when you climb and come from Kent then a move to Todmorden seems a great idea! Dover chalk just doesn't do it for me...
 robin mueller 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Maddie:

Ignore the doubters, Todmorden's a decent base for a climber! All the Yorkshire stuff on one side and all the newly developed lancashire stuff on the other. Spoilt for choice!

As has already been mentioned, Calderdale Climbers Group on Facebook is worth a look for info and inspiration.
 Offwidth 25 Sep 2014
In reply to robin mueller:

Living in an area with new guides to play with and surrounded by good climbing and bouldering which varies from high moorland delights to some of the best poor weather/winter options going.....terrible indeed.
 greg_may_ 25 Sep 2014
In reply to Offwidth:

Interesting. About to move to that area, may be worth picking your collective brains at some stage. I've MTB and running knowledge of the area, but little of the climbing bar Widdop.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...