UKC

Brittany Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 crazydaisy 27 Sep 2014
Heading out Brittany in late October. We've heard there is some climbing to be done on the North Brittany coast. Has anyone got any area's / online topos they would recommend?
 Joint 28 Sep 2014
In reply to crazydaisy:

Fantastic bouldering at Kerlouan near Lesneven north east of Brest. Topo guide to download at http://topokerlouan.free.fr/ and some good clips on YouTube.
Also good cragging and bouldering near Morlaix at Primel Tregastel.
Have fun
 Sl@te Head 28 Sep 2014
In reply to crazydaisy:

Good luck with the topos, I gave up looking at the free topo and just bouldered anything that looked good. Really enjoyed the sport climbing at Pen Hir it's like Gogarth / Holyhead Mountain but with Bolts
 Joint 28 Sep 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

At Kerlouan you can just about boulder anything because its all good!
As for Pen Hir, I'd forgotten about that. Great place as well. Just as you describe Ian.
gouezeri 28 Sep 2014
In reply to crazydaisy:

We're meant to be re-doing the topo for Primel this year.
Most of the topos are available from the local tourist information office (Plougasnou for Primel and Camaret for Penhir).
I remember hearing about some routes having had rockfall at Pen Hir in the spring, but I can't find any info via the CD29. Basically, remember that this is a marine environment that sees a fair battering during the winter, so be careful and use your judgement.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...